Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oh no... that moment you realize
Sad 
Oh no... that moment you realize
Last night's sleep appears to have been "very interesting" and I was looking forward to analyzing my Airsense 10 data to figure out what the hell was going on...

Of course when I went to extract my SD card, I realized that I had forgotten to put it back in the machine last night... Grr... Sad

All that data, lost forever... Oh-jeez

Is it just me, or are there others who are EXCITED about reviewing the SD card data in the morning... Dielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oh no... that moment you realize...
I used to be, but now I only look at it once in a while or if something seemed odd in the night.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2017, 06:27 PM)mymontreal Wrote: Of course when I went to extract my SD card, I realized that I had forgotten to put it back in the machine last night... Grr... Sad

The data is not lost. Your machine actually stores the data and writes it to the card.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2017, 07:24 PM)OpalRose Wrote:
(01-10-2017, 06:27 PM)mymontreal Wrote: Of course when I went to extract my SD card, I realized that I had forgotten to put it back in the machine last night... Grr... Sad

The data is not lost. Your machine actually stores the data and writes it to the card.

Not on the Airsense machine -- it requires the data card to be in the machine during the therapy session in order to record detailed data. If the card is not present the only thing the machine records is compliance data. She's out of luck as far as the detailed data for the night that the sd card was not in the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks - yes, just verified.

It shows very high level compliance data for that night, but no detailed data.

Lesson learned... Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2017, 09:39 PM)under pressure Wrote:
(01-10-2017, 07:24 PM)OpalRose Wrote:

Not on the Airsense machine -- it requires the data card to be in the machine during the therapy session in order to record detailed data. If the card is not present the only thing the machine records is compliance data. She's out of luck as far as the detailed data for the night that the sd card was not in the machine.

This is incredibly helpful (if slightly depressing) information - thanks! I'm looking forward to regularly reviewing the data from my Airsense - however, I can certainly see myself leaving the SD card in my laptop, and being incredibly annoyed in the morning. It's like when my fitbit falls off mid-sleep and I don't get to see how often I toss and turn - not the greatest way to start the day!
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2017, 09:52 PM)jeffmackatron Wrote:
(01-10-2017, 09:39 PM)under pressure Wrote:
(01-10-2017, 07:24 PM)OpalRose Wrote: The data is not lost. Your machine actually stores the data and writes it to the card.

This is incredibly helpful (if slightly depressing) information - thanks! I'm looking forward to regularly reviewing the data from my Airsense - however, I can certainly see myself leaving the SD card in my laptop, and being incredibly annoyed in the morning. It's like when my fitbit falls off mid-sleep and I don't get to see how often I toss and turn - not the greatest way to start the day!

This is another good reason to pick up a wifi SD card.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the Wifi card would be great, but I hesitate to recommend it if your machine is still under warranty. Some folks have reported that the card gets HOT. I am not techy enough to understand why, but any 3rd party attachment that damages your machine would likely not be covered by warranty. Once you are past warranty, then it doesn't matter.
Post Reply Post Reply
Been there, done that.
I put the card in the card reader, download the data, then immediately remove the card. I then hold the card in my hand while I review the data. I do not set the card down until it is reinserted in the machine.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Its a good thing I have a PR machine. I left the card in my computer for two days without realizing. Rolleyes Once I put the card back in my Apap, all the data was written back to the SD card. Nothing lost. Although, I'm at a point in my therapy that I don't look at the data on a daily basis, sometimes only once a week. Then if I see a higher AHI reading than normal, I'll pop it out to read it.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question I captured THE ROSETTA STONE moment, please help decypher it koy23 13 989 03-06-2022, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Geer1
  Aha moment S9 VS Intellipap 2 dfstarman 2 1,142 09-09-2018, 09:48 AM
Last Post: dfstarman
  Sleep apnea can have consequences... Wow moment. retired_guy 8 3,456 04-08-2014, 01:40 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
  Filling the PR System One Humidifier; a Homer Simpson Moment greatunclebill 4 4,093 03-21-2012, 08:07 PM
Last Post: iSnooze

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.