Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oh what a night......
Oh what a night......
(The subject title would make a good song?)

I had a good night last night although I felt I was restless for most of the time, but WOW!

After reading a bit about the Auto mode I thought I would give it a go on the ResMed Auto S9. What a difference (to be scientific there is nothing to suggest this would not have happened if I had not tried it?)!

I put the ResMed into auto mode set my min to 9 and the max to my prescribed of 14 and off to sleep.

Data this morning on the ResMed showed an AHI of 0.6 (the previous night was 1.8).

ResScan showed a total of 3 events - 2 central and 1 obstructive!

The previous night (I had a min pressure of 9 and max 13), I had a total of 15 events - 12 central and 3 obstructive.

Leaks are still very good at 0.0 - Median and 95% and max 0.0.

The (Auto) pressure - median - 10.2, 95% - 12.6 and max - 13.9.

I wonder if Murphy (of Murphy's law) will shoot all this down and it will be completely different tonight?.....
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oh what a night......
(07-11-2014, 06:38 PM)Skypilot Wrote: (The subject title would make a good song?)

THE FOUR SEASONS LYRICS
"December, 1963 (Oh, What A Night)"

Oh, what a night
Late December, back in '63
What a very special time for me
As I remember, what a night

Oh, what a night
You know, I didn't even know her name
But I was never gonna be the same
What a lady, what a night

Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
You're doing great Sky, keep it up.

Don't make anymore changes for awhile at least. As your system gets used to what's going on, the few centrals you're getting will probably calm down. Although at a 0.6, who much cares?

Now it's about zooming in on the zone, and getting some really restorative rest.

and yes, you'll have some days better, some days worse. But a bad day doesn't necessarily mean you should change anything. Just settle in to a trend for awhile.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2014, 06:38 PM)Skypilot Wrote: I wonder if Murphy (of Murphy's law) will shoot all this down and it will be completely different tonight?.....
Murphy always got something to do with it, every night is different, the trend over that matter most

Leak zero all night long, how you do it?
The other night, I had max leak 160 L/m, must be someone was trying to pull the mask off my nose
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2014, 07:48 PM)zonk Wrote: [snip
The other night, I had max leak 160 L/m, must be someone was trying to pull the mask off my nose

I use the ResMed P10 medium pillows and the standard head strap that comes with those - I started off with small and had a lot of leaks.

And the Pièce de résistance is my inexpensive head sweatband used as a chin strap! It stays in place over night even though I do turn quite a lot.

Leaks.....
Small nasal pillows and no chin strap:-
Median - 2.4 , 95% - 16.8 Max - 115.2

Medium Pillows and no chin strap the first night:-
Median - 0.0, 95% - 9.6, Max - 24.

Medium Pillows and chinstrap the first night:-
Median - 0.0, 95% - 0.0, max - 1.2

And I have had 3 nights in a row with all 3 at zero for all 3 of the stats...

How do I do it? Luck I guess?
The mask stays in place for me and I sleep on my side...

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2014, 08:35 PM)Skypilot Wrote: And the Pièce de résistance is my inexpensive head sweatband used as a chin strap! It stays in place over night even though I do turn quite a lot.

Leaks.....
Small nasal pillows and no chin strap:-
Median - 2.4 , 95% - 16.8 Max - 115.2

Medium Pillows and no chin strap the first night:-
Median - 0.0, 95% - 9.6, Max - 24.

Medium Pillows and chinstrap the first night:-
Median - 0.0, 95% - 0.0, max - 1.2

And I have had 3 nights in a row with all 3 at zero for all 3 of the stats...

How do I do it? Luck I guess?
The mask stays in place for me and I sleep on my side...

Once again, those are great numbers Sky.

I tend to run higher than that these days I think because my mask, pillows, chinstrap are all getting a bit tired. So soon I'll be revisiting the basics to bring everything back where it belongs.

On the other hand, last night was a difficult night. Or maybe it was a great night. I really don't know because I forgot to put the SDCard in the machine. Not only that, but I have a thingy called a "Fitbit" that keeps track of how long I sleep, and I forgot to turn it on. So I don't know if I slept last night or not! Mrs. Retired_Guy won't tell me. I would look at the dial thingies on the Resmed, but the green/red smiley face intimidate me.

So I think I'll just go to bed early tonight.

Congrats again on how well you're doing.
Post Reply Post Reply
I too have forgotten to put the SD card back in one night..... I had withdrawal symptoms the next day with being unable to review the previous nights data.....
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2014, 07:27 PM)diamaunt Wrote:
(07-11-2014, 06:38 PM)Skypilot Wrote: (The subject title would make a good song?)

THE FOUR SEASONS LYRICS
"December, 1963 (Oh, What A Night)"

Oh, what a night
Late December, back in '63
What a very special time for me
As I remember, what a night

Oh, what a night
You know, I didn't even know her name
But I was never gonna be the same
What a lady, what a night...

You two just gave your age away. Since I'm an old geezer and my mind went immediately to that song -- GMTA

(07-11-2014, 09:29 PM)Skypilot Wrote: I too have forgotten to put the SD card back in one night..... I had withdrawal symptoms the next day with being unable to review the previous nights data.....

The bank teller told me, "If you keep putting it in and taking it out, you're going to lose interest."
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Another good night - 2 events - 1 Hypopnea and 1 central.

All I have to do now is to overcome my obsessive compulsion to tweak the settings even more.....lol!
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2014, 08:35 PM)Skypilot Wrote:
(07-11-2014, 07:48 PM)zonk Wrote: [snip

I use the ResMed P10 medium pillows and the standard head strap that comes with those - I started off with small and had a lot of leaks.

And the Pièce de résistance is my inexpensive head sweatband used as a chin strap! It stays in place over night even though I do turn quite a lot.

Hi Skypilot,

Also, check that the Mask Type is set correctly on the machine.

If one is using nasal pillows but the machine thinks a Full Face Mask is being used, the machine will think the intentional leak rate is larger than it really is, and therefore the machine will think and report that the leaks are lower than they actually are.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 850 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 898 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Great Night into Terrible Night dcsleep 1 1,110 12-15-2020, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] AHI varies from night to night KKBW 6 1,341 07-31-2020, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  New to CPAP - First Night Great, Second Night not so much oasised 22 3,235 07-24-2020, 10:26 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Here is my data from 3rd night and Friday night slingshot383 16 2,252 05-25-2020, 05:35 AM
Last Post: slingshot383
Question One night AHI 0, next night leaks and high AHI. MyronH 7 2,202 09-29-2018, 09:29 AM
Last Post: MyronH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.