Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Ohio is lost.
RE: Ohio is lost.
(08-19-2020, 10:42 PM)bonjour Wrote: I had no intention of starting the heat that has ensued.

I know that you had no intention of that, Fred.  In reality, this thread isn't half as "heated" as I've seen some threads go in the past.

All in all, this thread is pretty tame.  It's just that we're in an election year, and folks always get politically charged up during times like this.

For some of us, it's probably best not to enter into these types of discussions and leave these threads to others so they can blow off steam.  I know that's generally the case for me.  I've been in so many political fights that I'm sick and tired of it all and I'd like to see it all disappear.  But folks need a place to vent, and the Off-Topic Forum was created for that.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

#apneaboard
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I can't spend much time here or getting into political debates. I know what I have to do in November!
OpalRose
www.ApneaBoard.com
Dreaming

https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Mask Primer
Machine Choices
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll just be glad when Nov 4th is here and all the political ads are gone. Around here all political signs need to be picked up around 7 days after the election. Then, I'll be able to see around corners in some of the intersections.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-20-2020, 07:10 AM)OpalRose Wrote: I know what I have to do in November!

Me too... (I'm going to disconnect my T.V. and radio, and refuse to visit any website other than ApneaBoard.com and spend a lot of time relaxing on my back porch reading a good book and sipping large quantifies of decaf)   Too-funny

... and trust me, it takes a lot for me to be forced to drink decaf coffee!   lots-o-coffee

I would suggest to anyone in the U.S., as we come closer to election time, make sure you get outside and enjoy nature.  It's good fer one's peace of mind, IMHO.

Happy Eyes
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

#apneaboard
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
We should take a bet how long you will last on decaf...   Lolabove  lots-o-coffee
OpalRose
www.ApneaBoard.com
Dreaming

https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Mask Primer
Machine Choices
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, decide for yourself, but I think people need to work for a living, have choices on where to educate their children, be able to compete fairly in the world, not have every aspect of their lives regulated, use the plentiful inexpensive energy we have, support our police officers, military, veterans, elderly and have an economy that provides for all.  There is so much more, but the divisiveness that has been created to wrongfully impeach our president and divide our people and promote combat in the streets of our cities, is unlike anything I have ever seen in my life.  The choice is obvious.  We are not electing someone we like or dislike, we need to vote for the values that are most important to the long-term preservation of our Republic and our communities.  Don't just vote against someone you have been educated and propaganized to dislike, vote for the country and constitution.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=25831]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Nice sign Sleeprider. like

As for SuperSleeper and the decaf trend, I'd say it stopped the day before it started. And I am all for going outside and enjoying life. I already don't watch TV, and I don't listen to much broadcast radio.
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Well the neighbor has a Biden sign, and I have a Trump sign. I guess if you can't disagree amicably, we've really lost the point of free elections. This election promises to be extremely polarizing, but while we are at the lake, the neighbor is still welcome to bring over the kids to swim. I do not project my political position onto friends and family that disagree. Unfortunately there is a lot of that going on.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
The Trump followers in my neighborhood tell me this entire Covid-19 virus thing is a political hoax put on by the Democrats.

I don't believe that.
Fred Bonjour - Project Manager and Lead Tester for OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter 
OSCAR

Download OSCAR
New to Apnea? Helpful tips to ensure success
Soft Cervical Collar
Mask Primer
Dealing with a DME
Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Post Reply Post Reply
In my neighborhood, I would need to designate that a lightning rod that doubles as a flag pole?
Do you require the children's parents to sign a Covid-19 waiver when they (or any non-family member) visits?

Your political thought for the day... 

"Dad, do all fairy tales begin with 'Once upon a time?'" 
"No son, some begin with 'If I am elected.'"
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I Lost ten Pounds Schnauzers 5 13 4,920 01-14-2013, 11:56 PM
Last Post: Schnauzers 5
Sad SERVER ISSUE: FORUM LOST ONE DAY's POSTS... please read. SuperSleeper 33 11,501 07-07-2012, 03:04 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.