Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Ohio is lost.
RE: Ohio is lost.
(08-20-2020, 09:07 PM)Melman Wrote: I have a neighbor who has a sign saying "Could I please vote for a responsible adult?" It reflects my feeling. I didn't like the alternatives 4 years ago and I don't like them today.

I can agree with that.
Fred Bonjour - Project Manager and Lead Tester for OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter 
OSCAR

Download OSCAR
New to Apnea? Helpful tips to ensure success
Soft Cervical Collar
Mask Primer
Dealing with a DME
Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
As a neighbour (correct spulling) to your north, I don't have a dog in the fight per se.  I do wish that Trump were better at being seen as a sensible, warm, and unbesmirched man.  I think it hurts him with people of all stripes.  I also think that the alternatives, last time and this, are demonstrably worse.  The left appeals routinely to the dreams and wishes of the hoards of disaffected, indigent, sick, needy, and disadvantaged by telling them it's their opponent's fault they live as they do.  That it never changes substantially when they, themselves, are in power seems to escape them, or they ignore it and feign not to notice.  So, for me, it's the hypocrisy, and the bad ethics that they continue to lie to their supporters, or to rely on their often addled mental states that they'll not be aware of their lack of 'progress'.

As an observer up here, I think it's very good that the Democrats are being torn up by extremists within their own ranks.  It will serve, I hope, to strengthen the resolve of the majority in that party to center itself, or should I say to 'right itself', and to restore some credibility with the electorate.  Right now, it's very divided, basically in the same conditions in with the GOP found themselves 58 months ago.  Your country does so much better when either party can win, and when either party presents both unity and a strong and charismatic personality on which to hang their hopes.
Serial Tapist
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-22-2020, 06:36 PM)mesenteria Wrote: I do wish that Trump were better at being seen as a sensible, warm, and unbesmirched man.  I think it hurts him with people of all stripes.

A few thoughts...

One, the President displays all of the traits of a Queen's (New York) upbringing where aggressive hyperbole and braggadocio are fundamental behaviors.
Two, considering the extreme-left bias of the mainstream news media, it takes bold, aggressive, provocative statements to dominate the news cycle.
Three, many things that the President says are meant to be thought-provoking and force you to question assumptions.
Four, the President appears to be transactional in a "what have you done for me lately" way and will throw people under the bus if they do something wrong or upstage him.
Five, no President in the history of the United States has been so available to both traditional and alternative media.
And Six, the President is a counter-puncher and will fight back -- unlike past GOP presidents and candidates.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Circling back to where this thread started, perhaps this issue created by an unfair and biased policy at Goodyear will now resolve to a more fair and balanced one.  You may not like his methods, but they get positive results.

Quote:AKRON, Ohio – Faced with backlash regarding the company’s policy against employees wearing political attire, Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. CEO Rich Kramer announced Thursday that employees are now allowed to wear apparel that shows support for law enforcement.  https://www.cleveland.com/news/2020/08/g...ement.html
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Actually it started with a assumed simple statement from politics 101. Don't antagonize the voters of a key swing state when coming up on an election.
Fred Bonjour - Project Manager and Lead Tester for OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter 
OSCAR

Download OSCAR
Soft Cervical Collar
Mask Primer
Dealing with a DME
Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Post Reply Post Reply
So, to get our sanity back and some levity, can we get Pollcat to start a new poll? Something of "Who would you vote for?"

Here are some of my ideas for candidates -

1. William J LePetomaine
  2. Alfred E. New
  3. Pat Paulsen
I know some of them may be dead, but that doesn't matter with the number of folks that rise from the dead on election day.

You get to vote twice if you know who these are or went to any of their campaigns.   Too-funny Too-funny
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
With regard to the Presidency, I don't want to elect anyone stupid enough to want the job.   Bigwink     Whistle

Bag-head
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

#apneaboard
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Larry?
OSCAR

Download OSCAR
Soft Cervical Collar
Mask Primer
Dealing with a DME
Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Post Reply Post Reply
Oliver Hardy and Stan Laurel
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-23-2020, 10:02 PM)Melman Wrote: Oliver Hardy and Stan Laurel

My vote would be Groucho Marx -- very smart and very funny.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I Lost ten Pounds Schnauzers 5 13 4,919 01-14-2013, 11:56 PM
Last Post: Schnauzers 5
Sad SERVER ISSUE: FORUM LOST ONE DAY's POSTS... please read. SuperSleeper 33 11,501 07-07-2012, 03:04 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.