Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Ok, I Was Checking Out Another Forum
Their forum face is different and I had not visited in over a year and didn't even know if I had ever registered let alone what the username or password was. So I registered only to be denied and told I had the same email and I was a BOT and Bots are not allowed. What they heck is a BOT? I am not even on the member list as the username I was. Can't the realize I forgot the username and password? Geesh! I am a member in good standing here and have no bad intentions at any forum.HuhsignUnsure
Post Reply Post Reply
A bot is a computer program, often used for posting spam. If the forum had a captcha, you probably typed it in wrong. Just try again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Some bots are good (Google), some bots are bad (spammers gathering email addresses).

Also, some combinations of usernames are not acceptable by many forum software. At another forum, we had a user who desperately wanted to use a name that was not a real word but the first letter of each word of her favorite book title and the author name. The forum software kept rejecting her and saying she was a bot.
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

BOT is short for robot...basically a computer program run by a machine to gather information. Bots are used by search engines (google, yahoo, msn, etc) to see what is in a thread for helping people find your forum/site.

Most webmasters like Bots, but have programs in their software to only allow the good bots.

Liz
Post Reply Post Reply
My username there was just my initials of my name in caps. Nothing unusual. I did actually type in the wrong password letters by mistake. I find their c-pap forum hard to navigate thru. I just wanted to read more info. I like to read about sleep apnea info and success stories etc, juat like we all do who come here.
Post Reply Post Reply
I eat BOTs for supper.

Mmmmm.... BOTs.... yummy. Licklips

But I spit out the bad bots, though. Vomit

BOT = Bag Of Taterchips-- Goes good with coffee. Coffee

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Hmmmm...same thing happened to me. I had no idea what a BOT was.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mobile friendly app for the forum. que0x 2 336 09-10-2017, 05:09 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Foot Surgery Forum Melman 2 358 08-04-2017, 07:58 PM
Last Post: Melman
  all posts/threads at [other forum] are symbols Ticman1 3 455 05-29-2017, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Anyone know of a similar forum for hearing issues? stanleydean 8 1,471 10-09-2015, 02:37 PM
Last Post: quip
  Been away, checking in herbm 4 1,042 08-11-2014, 03:52 AM
Last Post: Peter_C
Thumbsup New to this forum and new CPAP/APAP user ThatOtherGuy 1 1,269 12-03-2013, 07:35 PM
Last Post: Tez62
  I am Back (Moved to Off-Topic Forum) Schnauzers 5 1 1,407 11-16-2012, 12:32 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2