Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Ok first night back with it.
Ok first night back with it.
So, found out my 1st sleep study done before weight loss and quitting smoking my AHI was 110 with a O2 sat of 79% That was 2013. Quit smoking, lost weight (in that order) and got rid of the auto bipap because I hated it, Have gained a little bit back but snoring started back before that. So did a new study, AHI was about 65 or so. So they found my stabilize pressure to be 9. I was right about insurance not covering a 2nd device. (once every four years) but instead of having to buy one 2nd hand he gave me a brand new Airsense 10 CPAP for a little bit of a discount. $700. Might have paid too much, nothing I can do about it now. Auto ramp starts at 4 and is set for 9, that is where my best readings were, they got me down to an AHI of 4 o3 3 I think? W

Anything I need to do? Would like to monitor it myself as well, I don't have a smart phone,(work in tech support 10 hrs a day, don't need a another computer in my pocket just yet lol) just a Nexus 7 with Android OS. Guess it is going to get uploaded to myair so he can take a look at it. Guess I got his attention with my numbers and he wants to make sure I get help from the machine. I might let it upload for the 1st month not sure I will keep with it.
He also gave me the nasal mask to try if the nasal pillows keep making my nostrils sore. They were sore half they day after my sleep study a couple weeks ago.

Any tips or advice would be appreciated, he was pretty sure the auto bi pap was causing me to wake up every nite after a few hours sleep, and after that I had to take it off, could not get back to sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Ok first night back with it.
Welcome to the board. My only recommendation at this point is to have some enthusiasm that it will probably work. Attitude is often half the battle. I really like the Swift FX although I have some issues with it remaining stable behind my head. My nose was sore for a day or so and then all was fine. I've had a little more problem with the Airfit P10 for nose soreness, so I think you are starting with one that it a bit more adjustable.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Murf,
Get some HPA Lanolin cream, )found in most stores in the baby isle,) and swav a "little bit" into your nostriles and that should help.
It's good to hear that you got back on CPAP and CONGRATULATIONS ! on quittting smoking and your weight loss.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the Forum! Congrats on your accomplishments! Hang in there, things will get better!
Regards;
Lex Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Murf, first congratulations on a difficult accomplishment in weight loss and smoking cessation. I think your example is important in dispelling the myth that weight loss alone, means you don't need the CPAP anymore. It's important to stick to this therapy.

Which model of Resmed Airsense 10 did you get? If you got the CPAP, it does not produce useful therapy data. If it is the Elite, or Autoset than we can help.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone, was told I got the CPAP one. He showed me where it gives data? Is the data it gives not accurate?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-21-2015, 10:19 PM)Murf Wrote: Thanks everyone, was told I got the CPAP one. He showed me where it gives data? Is the data it gives not accurate?

Hi Murf -- There are two CPAP models. Is your model number 37203 or 37205 ? (model number is on the side or bottom of the unit).
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-21-2015, 10:25 PM)kaiasgram Wrote:
(07-21-2015, 10:19 PM)Murf Wrote: Thanks everyone, was told I got the CPAP one. He showed me where it gives data? Is the data it gives not accurate?

Hi Murf -- There are two CPAP models. Is your model number 37203 or 37205 ? (model number is on the side or bottom of the unit).

I will take a look in a little bit, wife is still sleeping, but it did tell me My AHI was 4.9 last night. much better than the 65 I had in the study.
Post Reply Post Reply
Could not find a place to edit,. Only number like that I found was a Ref number and it was 37015
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-22-2015, 07:29 AM)Murf Wrote: Could not find a place to edit,. Only number like that I found was a Ref number and it was 37015

Good news Murf! My search shows you got the top of the line CPAP which is the Airsense 10 Autoset...you might want to update your profile. This machine gives full efficacy data which is compatible with both Resmed and Sleepyhead software. It also can work in a range of pressures in case you'd like to self-titrate to see if you see improvements in comfort or efficacy at lower or higher pressures. Basically by putting it into Auto mode and selecting a range of pressure around your current fixed prescription, you will allow the machine to adjust through the night to your sleep stage and positional needs.

EDIT: it was learned later that the machine is a single pressure CPAP with no data. This is the Airsense 10 CPAP model. I found conflicting information searching on the internet, and should have confirmed the model numbers.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,959 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Wake and can't get back to sleep hydra 11 517 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  [Symptoms] Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month LordofthStrings 14 930 02-22-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: LordofthStrings
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 399 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Help figuring out why symptoms are back Jess2117 1 294 02-21-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: MikeR20
  Back at it after a few years HomerJ 7 541 02-18-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Trouble Breathing, take off mask and put back on, then no trouble? mogulman 0 234 02-13-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: mogulman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.