Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Ok first night back with it.
RE: Ok first night back with it.
(07-22-2015, 08:25 AM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(07-22-2015, 07:29 AM)Murf Wrote: Could not find a place to edit,. Only number like that I found was a Ref number and it was 37015

Good news Murf! You got the top of the line CPAP which is the Airsense 10 Autoset...you might want to update your profile. This machine gives full efficacy data which is compatible with both Resmed and Sleepyhead software. It also can work in a range of pressures in case you'd like to self-titrate to see if you see improvements in comfort or efficacy at lower or higher pressures. Basically by putting it into Auto mode and selecting a range of pressure around your current fixed prescription, you will allow the machine to adjust through the night to your sleep stage and positional needs.

Good luck.

That model number is for sure the autoset? I have found conflicting answers on the searches I tried.

Ok so I signed up for myair, should I use one of those others instead? Sleepyhead better than resmed? Do they just take the data and then give suggested settings? not sure exactly what they do.

And to set myself, he set it to ramp at 4 with a sleep pressure at 9, should I change it a range around 4 or 9? Think I saw how he did it by holding down the settings button and the home button at the same time.
Post Reply Post Reply
On the right side of the machine under the word Airsense 10, should be the model name. I have seen the number 37015 associated with both CPAP and Autoset, and I don't have a definitive answer since that is not the machine I use. Perhaps someone with an Autoset will post.

Sleepyhead is much more intuitive and provides more complete data than Resmed Myair which is really basic simplified information.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok it does say CPAP on the front right of the machine and I just went into the clinicians menu and the only option I have under Mode is CPAP, no option for autoset.

So, with only the cpap option, you mentioned it does not give quality data and said if it was Elite or autoset than you all could help. Since I only have the cpap model I can't really get any help here?
Post Reply Post Reply
We can help, but we're flying blind. Without data, the use of CPAP comes down to, "how do you feel today"? You get an AHI number, but we don't know what kind of events happened (OA, H, CA). We don't know if the therapy pressure is allowing snores or flow limitations to occur, or if you might tolerate lower pressures. It becomes more of a matter of trial and error in a narrow range around your therapy pressure to see what feels and works best for you. Most importantly, you don't get the positive feedback from having control of your therapy and knowledge that is as good as possible. There are CPAP (single pressure) machines with data like the Elite. The only reason this machine is dispensed is because it is slightly cheaper, meets the minimum requirements of your prescription, and it keeps you out of the way of the doctors and technicians who control your therapy.

If you are feeling better with the therapy and intend to stick with it, the machine is a success.

Ramp: Default is a starting pressure of 4 rising to therapy pressure over 45 minutes. Most of us are not comfortable with a pressure of 4.0. If you feel like you're not getting enough air when you first turn on the machine, you can increase the starting pressure and reduce the time the ramp occurs, or you can shut it off altogether and you will just start at 9.0.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well that is unfortunate since that is the only machine he offered me, too bad I am not going to be able to get all the information I need in order to make it work properly for me, guess I wont bother getting a sdcard reader either then heh.

damn, was looking fwd to this helping too. I'll try and just leave it in his hands I guess since not much I can do as of yet.

Prior to this I never really noticed anything side effects wise during the day, so being able to say if the machine helps or not is going to be tricky, only thing I knew for sure was my wife waking me up because I was snoring.

Post Reply Post Reply
Murf, there is no problem with complaining. These machines get exchanged, especially early on in therapy. If you can make a case for having data or auto pressure, then call your doctor and ask for a script change. The problem is with the DME maximizing profits. They get paid the same regardless of what CPAP they dispense. So the CPAP model costs them less than an Elite and that costs less than an Autoset. As long as they don't get complaints, they win.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Sleeprider. It's worth complaining and returning/exchanging the machine.

I think you have a case for obtaining a full data machine (Elite or Autoset): You've been skating the edge of what's considered effective apnea treatment (AHI < 5) and if things should start to change for you -- weight, lifestyle, other health issues, AHI starts going up, symptoms start to reappear -- you won't have the data to investigate what's going on with your cpap treatment or how to go about improving it. And even now you're reporting snoring. It isn't always just a matter of increasing the pressure.

The DME guy was not being generous when he gave you that "deal" on the CPAP machine (they retail online for $758). He just didn't want you to run off and buy your machine somewhere else. The full data Elite CPAP machine retails for only $50 more than the CPAP model but long term investment-wise is a much better deal.

As for myair -- If you're an IT guy, myair will seem silly to you. It will not tell you more than the info already available on your machine's display screen. This would not be true if you had a full data machine -- in that case there would be a lot more to see by using SleepyHead on your own computer.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-22-2015, 02:45 PM)kaiasgram Wrote: I agree with Sleeprider. It's worth complaining and returning/exchanging the machine.

I think you have a case for obtaining a full data machine (Elite or Autoset): You've been skating the edge of what's considered effective apnea treatment (AHI < 5) and if things should start to change for you -- weight, lifestyle, other health issues, AHI starts going up, symptoms start to reappear -- you won't have the data to investigate what's going on with your cpap treatment or how to go about improving it. And even now you're reporting snoring. It isn't always just a matter of increasing the pressure.

The DME guy was not being generous when he gave you that "deal" on the CPAP machine (they retail online for $758). He just didn't want you to run off and buy your machine somewhere else. The full data Elite CPAP machine retails for only $50 more than the CPAP model but long term investment-wise is a much better deal.

As for myair -- If you're an IT guy, myair will seem silly to you. It will not tell you more than the info already available on your machine's display screen. This would not be true if you had a full data machine -- in that case there would be a lot more to see by using SleepyHead on your own computer.

So i got 58 bucks and if I want the elite so I can get more data, then Ill spend another 100 bucks? Shame I can't find an used elite around the 700 price because he would give me a new one at that price. secondwind only has new ones, they are 750. without the climate line tube.

So the elite will just give more info? not let me change anything but the pressure. where as the autoset lets me set a range for a pressure that it adjusts as it sees fit?

Only one night on the machine so far and it was at 4.9, so haven't been skating anything yet, barely got my shoes laced up. and no snoring last night.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-22-2015, 03:09 PM)Murf Wrote: So the elite will just give more info? not let me change anything but the pressure. where as the autoset lets me set a range for a pressure that it adjusts as it sees fit?

Right -- with the Autoset you set a min and max pressure and allow the machine to increase the pressure when you need it, and back off when you don't.

Quote:Only one night on the machine so far and it was at 4.9, so haven't been skating anything yet, barely got my shoes laced up. and no snoring last night.

Not sure why I had the impression you'd been using the machine for more than one night.

I noticed that the windy supplier you mentioned above has a new (open box zero hour) S9 Autoset for $699. The S9 is the generation right before the AirSense machines but they are still excellent machines. They also show a new S9 Elite (with both CL and slimline hoses) for $679. Both of those machines are full data.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-22-2015, 03:37 PM)kaiasgram Wrote:
(07-22-2015, 03:09 PM)Murf Wrote: So the elite will just give more info? not let me change anything but the pressure. where as the autoset lets me set a range for a pressure that it adjusts as it sees fit?

Right -- with the Autoset you set a min and max pressure and allow the machine to increase the pressure when you need it, and back off when you don't.

Quote:Only one night on the machine so far and it was at 4.9, so haven't been skating anything yet, barely got my shoes laced up. and no snoring last night.

Not sure why I had the impression you'd been using the machine for more than one night.

I noticed that the windy supplier you mentioned above has a new (open box zero hour) S9 Autoset for $699. The S9 is the generation right before the AirSense machines but they are still excellent machines. They also show a new S9 Elite (with both CL and slimline hoses) for $679. Both of those machines are full data.

Ok thanks, won't be able to check with him til next week, want to at least get the one that will give me some more data I guess. I wonder why he did not mention anything about the different type of interruptions and being able to track those?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Product Suggestions To Help Prevent Back Sleeping mawaw1992 6 160 04-07-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Glad to Have a Back-up, RM 11 Sent Back for Repair somewherein413 4 146 04-04-2024, 09:02 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Back to CPAP for UARS, help interpreting graphs dcg494 2 191 04-02-2024, 08:58 AM
Last Post: dcg494
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 5,378 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Wake and can't get back to sleep hydra 11 586 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  [Symptoms] Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month LordofthStrings 14 978 02-22-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: LordofthStrings
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 443 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.