Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Ok, growing so tired of CPAP! Advice??
RE: Ok, growing so tired of CPAP! Advice??
(06-16-2018, 04:44 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: You might want to reduce your maximum pressure to 10cm and see if that helps you stay asleep. It looks like you have flow limitations that are causing pressures to run away. A sudden increase in pressure like that will wake up most anyone.

I recently had it set to 10, but I noticed my pressure maxing out from time to time at night. Oddly, during a recent dr visit (just a checkup) he noticed my blood sugar went from about 90 to 100, and claimed I may not be quite getting enough O2 at night. So I bumped it to 12. However I do think the extra pressure has been bothering me at night. I'm going back to 10 tonight and I'll see how that goes over the next few nights. 

JesseLee - I'll check my data in a few days, and if it's still maxing out I'll try bumping up to 13 and see how that works. 

Thanks again, y'all.
Post Reply Post Reply
Another suggestion is to set you min and max to the same.  I'd start at 9 and gradually work up.  APAP is not for everyone, some sleep better with no pressure changes.  I was waking up a lot and did this and found that I slept better.  I should try changing it back to a range and see what the results are, but I am comfortable and my AHI is usually below 1.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is last night's chart, with pressure settings now at 7 and 10.5. Any suggestions?? 

Thank you!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I'd raise the minimum up to 9cm and keep the maximum the same. The idea is to try and get the minimum high enough to stop the snores. The snores are causing the pressures to increase.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-20-2018, 07:35 PM)Harlon Wrote: This is last night's chart, with pressure settings now at 7 and 10.5. Any suggestions?? 

Thank you!

Your leaking is boarderline.
Your minimum pressure is too low to address your OSA.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I'll raise it tonight and try another chart in a few days. Thank y'all for the advice.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 0 14 37 minutes ago
Last Post: EntRESTo
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 177 9 hours ago
Last Post: Abhi
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 167 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 14 255 Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 853 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,784 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,958 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.