Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Old CPAP equipment for donation
Old CPAP equipment for donation
If there a place where I could donate my old CPAP machine?

It is a Respironics Rimstar in a carry case with a supply of extra filters. I also have a fused 12V battery cord for it from Respironics.

Could someone else benefit from my old machine or just keep it as a back up unit forever?

Thanks!
RE: Old CPAP equipment for donation
(03-05-2012, 07:57 PM)mlee001 Wrote: If there a place where I could donate my old CPAP machine?

It is a Respironics Rimstar in a carry case with a supply of extra filters. I also have a fused 12V battery cord for it from Respironics.

Could someone else benefit from my old machine or just keep it as a back up unit forever?

Thanks!

welcome to the forum.

contact your local dme's. some dme's will give a person a used machine if they come along with a prescription and have no means of paying for one. i personally know of somebody that got an old cpap that way. all this new fancy stuff is neat and more comfortable, but in the end, to beat apnea all you need is the basic blower machine if that's all you can afford. who knows, you may save someones life and never know it.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
You can donate to "American Sleep Apnea Association"
http://www.sleepapnea.org/resources/cpap...ogram.html

Supplier #2 accept donations as well.

(03-05-2012, 08:30 PM)zonk Wrote: You can donate to "American Sleep Apnea Association"

Thank you, Zonk. I found the donation form on their web site to send in the information on my old CPAP machine. May be it will do someone good.
(03-05-2012, 08:30 PM)zonk Wrote: You can donate to "American Sleep Apnea Association"

I used the link above to print off a form for donation. The form ask for the CPAP machine model, condition of the machine, smoking or non-smoking household, carrying case, unopened filter supply ...

After a week or so I received a call from a very nice lady from (SecondwindCPAP,LLC) saying they would love to have my CPAP machine. They get 3-5 requests daily, and my CPAP machine will be sent out and use immediately.

I am packing my CPAP machine ready for mailing out on Monday. Nice to know someone else could use my old CPAP machine.

Thanks for the link, Zonk !
Here is another option, the Reggie White Foundation. It was formed by Reggie's wife after the former standout NFL lineman and minister died at age 43 from conditions that were possibly exacerbated by his sleep apnea.

http://www.reggiewhitefoundation.org/sup...efault.asp

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Best place to buy cpap equipment in Dubai or UAE Foxhunt 6 546 02-14-2024, 11:45 PM
Last Post: Macka
  [Equipment] Beginner Must Have Equipment/Supplies PoutinePrincess 7 376 02-07-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Equipment] Successful equipment modification tcurran 8 553 01-05-2024, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  hammer44 - ASV Therapy Equipment Question hammer44 11 602 01-01-2024, 01:47 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] CPAP Equipment Selection mgonthier 1 333 09-13-2023, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  What to do with "old" equipment? Paul Van Benschoten 10 940 06-30-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What's the quickest easiest way to clean your CPAP equipment? WWu777 24 3,737 03-06-2023, 06:55 PM
Last Post: nelamvr6

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.