Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit P10
Humidifier: H5i Cleanable with ClimateLine
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 18
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: CPAP-ing since 1995; Type 2 Diabetes; Chronic Asthma; Gout

Sex: Male

RE: Old Guys & New Tricks
Phooey! Went to see the ortho doc this morning, to check on my elbow's progress. Doc was quick to inform me that while my mobility and nerve damage were healing nicely, the actual fracture had gotten worse. Annoyed-and-disappointed

Now, I'm not supposed to lift anything heavier than 5 pounds with my left arm (a gallon of milk weighs 8). I forgot to tell him I slipped on some stairs and bumped that elbow; but I doubt that that information would have changed the restriction. Oh-jeez

In "celebration" of the new diagnosis, I went and gave a pint of blood to the Indiana Blood Center. Then went home, put the clipless pedals on my new trike and went for a five mile bike ride. Rolling laugh

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2012 04:24 PM by PollCat.)
08-13-2012 03:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
PollCat Offline
Apnea Board Polling Administrator
Monitors

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit P10
Humidifier: H5i Cleanable with ClimateLine
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 18

Other Comments: CPAP-ing since 1995; Type 2 Diabetes; Chronic Asthma; Gout

For the last several days, Sue and I have been riding the trikes about 12 miles each day. Today we overdid: We rode the Nickel Plate Trail from Cassville, IN to Peru, IN and back for a total of 26+ miles. We did stop for lunch at the Arby's on W. Main Street in Peru. Most of the ride was fun except for the last 3 miles. Now the knees, hips and thighs hurt, and we're wiped out!! oldman

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
10-04-2012 08:02 PM
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

I feel 'yer pain there, Bob....

Reminds me of the 32-mile long Elroy-Sparta bike trail in Wisconsin... did that a long, long time ago... like many bike trails, this was converted from old train tracks.... this trail passes through 3 rock tunnels (through the sides of large hills).

The longest tunnel is nearly a mile long and you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel from the entrance or even half way in, since the tunnel isn't completely straight. When we were going through them, we had no lights on our bikes, so we had to walk our bikes in the pitch black tunnel. Fortunately on either side of the trail, inside the tunnel, there was flowing water - we could hear a faint trickling sound, and did our best to listen intently to which side was getting louder -- and using the sound, attempted to stay in the middle of the trail in the blackness and not wander to the sides and get our feet wet. Interesting times. Cool

Here's a pic of the entrance:

[Image: doors.jpg]

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

10-04-2012 10:27 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Which glucose meters do you guys use? pupcamper 24 794 09-24-2016 06:59 AM
Last Post: pupcamper