Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Older versions of ResScan?
Older versions of ResScan?
I have a ResMed S8 Autoset II and finally got a card reader and card. Alas ResScan 5.8 does not seem to recognize my reader --- ACR38U-D1  Not listed in the read me files compatible devices.

What older versions might work?
Where can I find them?
What version of Windows will I have to run? (I suspect I'll have to take it in and try an older machine, have a windows 8 there.)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Older versions of ResScan?
As far as Windows version;  Once you have the software installed, right-click on the ".exe. file and select Properties (usually the last option).  Select the "Compatibility" tab  and select the "Run this program in compatibility mode for" checkbox and select an operating system version.       That should allow you to get back as far as Windows 95.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-26-2017, 04:52 PM)Lee the Bee Wrote: I have a ResMed S8 Autoset II and finally got a card reader and card. Alas ResScan 5.8 does not seem to recognize my reader --- ACR38U-D1  Not listed in the read me files compatible devices.

What older versions might work?
Where can I find them?
What version of Windows will I have to run? (I suspect I'll have to take it in and try an older machine, have a windows 8 there.)

I know that ResScan supports S8 machines through at least version 5.3. Version 5.8 may support the S8, but I stopped using my S8 about 2 years ago so I have never seen version 5.8. 

See if you can install the ACR-38 driver by running C:\Program Files (x86)\ResMed\ResScan3\Drivers\Data Card\Setup.exe. Then, the Add Hardware Wizard should detect the card reader but you may need to reboot. The path may vary because I am looking at version 4.2 to write this. (I downgraded from 5.3 to 4.2 because I had to restore a very old Norton Ghost backup after I quit using the S8.)

You can also view the list of supported machines by reading C:\Program Files (x86)\ResMed\ResScan3\ResScan Clinician's Manual.pdf.

Edit: I found a copy of the ResScan 5.8 clinician's manual online. It does support the S-8 series. There is no need to search for an older version of ResScan--you just need to troubleshoot the driver. The instructions for installing the driver are on page 3: "The drivers for all supported data card readers are available from the Windows Start menu (Start > Programs > ResMed > ResScan > Drivers > Data Card Reader). Only the drivers available to your operating system will be displayed."
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-26-2017, 06:21 PM)big_dave Wrote: I know that ResScan supports S8 machines through at least version 5.3. Version 5.8 may support the S8, but I stopped using my S8 about 2 years ago so I have never seen version 5.8. 

See if you can install the ACR-38 driver by running C:\Program Files (x86)\ResMed\ResScan3\Drivers\Data Card\Setup.exe. Then, the Add Hardware Wizard should detect the card reader but you may need to reboot. The path may vary because I am looking at version 4.2 to write this. (I downgraded from 5.3 to 4.2 because I had to restore a very old Norton Ghost backup after I quit using the S8.)

You can also view the list of supported machines by reading C:\Program Files (x86)\ResMed\ResScan3\ResScan Clinician's Manual.pdf.

Edit: I found a copy of the ResScan 5.8 clinician's manual online. It does support the S-8 series. There is no need to search for an older version of ResScan--you just need to troubleshoot the driver. The instructions for installing the driver are on page 3:  "The drivers for all supported data card readers are available from the Windows Start menu (Start > Programs > ResMed > ResScan > Drivers > Data Card Reader). Only the drivers available to your operating system will be displayed."

Thanks for all that leg work. I'll check it when I get home tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know you probably don't need the older ResScan version, but if someone reading this thread does, all you have to do when you receive the download link via email is change the version number in the link from 5.8 to 5.7 or 5.5 or whatever you like.  They tend to keep most of the older versions on the server.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I tried installing software and driver on a work computer. It detects a blank card. I failed to mention that it did this at home as well. I also repeated the data loading from my machine. Fault may be in the unit or unrecognizable data.

I'm ready to chuck the whole idea and move forward on looking for a newer model. Hoping I get a reply on an S9 today.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lee,
Have you checked Supplier #2 for machines. They sell good low hour machines and also new open box 0 hour units.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-31-2017, 03:47 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Lee,
Have you checked Supplier #2 for machines.  They sell good low hour machines and also new open box 0 hour units.

Thanks, but I just picked up an S9 from Craigs List. I have no prescription, so the government forces me into the private cash market. FUll story here
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 240 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 985 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  OSCAR v1.5.2 - Linux Versions Crimson Nape 3 275 03-17-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,509 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 239 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 483 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 627 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.