Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Error message
Error message
Hello everyone. I'm new to this and I'm not really sure what I'm doing. I have the Puritan Bennett Goodknight 420sp and it's giving me an error message saying that there's a leak. I spoke to a medical supply store and they told me that it could only be 1 of 2 things. The mask or the hose. So I bought both and was excited to finally sleep again. That was until I turned it on and it gave me the same code. Is there a way I can clear the code?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Error message
(11-16-2014, 12:43 AM)Smokie0903 Wrote: Hello everyone. I'm new to this and I'm not really sure what I'm doing. I have the Puritan Bennett Goodknight 420sp and it's giving me an error message saying that there's a leak. I spoke to a medical supply store and they told me that it could only be 1 of 2 things. The mask or the hose. So I bought both and was excited to finally sleep again. That was until I turned it on and it gave me the same code. Is there a way I can clear the code?

Hi Smokie0903, welcome to the forum!

I don't know anything about the PB models. But here is a link to the thread which has instructions for requesting by email the Puritan Bennett clinician set-up manuals which are available. If the one for your model is not available then I would suggest you request the manual for whichever model looks closest to yours.
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

If you don't find anything in the Clinician Set-up Manual explaining what the error codes mean, maybe poking around in the Clinician Menu on the machine might uncover some option to clear alarms. From that same page linked above, these are the instructions on how to enter the Clinician Set-up mode:

Puritan Bennett GoodKnight 420 Series: Make sure the CPAP machine is plugged in, then find the secret button beneath the "Go" in the word GoodKnight which appears just above the LCD screen. Press the secret button and the Information Access button simultaneously for 2 or 3 seconds. The CPAP machine will now be in the provider setup mode. Press the Information Access button to cycle through the list of adjustable settings, and use the arrow buttons to make adjustments.

Take care, and good hunting!
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
If all else fails, unplug machine from the wall outlet, wait at least 30 seconds, and plug back in. Perhaps that will clear it.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Just to make sure, I would make it longer than 30 seconds.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Smokie0903,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I hope you are able to get your machine straightened out so you can get a "GoodNight," sleep again.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 6 7,030 03-30-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Ron LI
  New User - Mask Seal Error WJ5596 6 392 02-12-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: WJ5596
Gross DreamStation Error Front Panel drouou 2 226 02-10-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: drouou
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,847 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Error 1 Rafael Bezerra 1 360 12-20-2023, 09:00 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Resvent iBreeze 25STA error code: 609 Mic0228 0 825 09-24-2023, 08:18 AM
Last Post: Mic0228
  [CPAP] Philips Dreamstation 2 Message gq1234 3 2,529 09-04-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: StratCat48

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.