Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OmniLab Advanced
OmniLab Advanced
Hello. I have a question. You know the Respironics OmniLab Advanced is used in the PSG laboratory to actually titration a person on Positive Airway Pressure. I'm of course quoting the obvious. My question is being that an OmniLab Advanced can also be disconnected from the computer software and also that the Positive Airway Pressure settings can STILL BE ADJUSTED, on the actual OmniLab Advanced machine control interface itself, technically somebody could take this piece of equipment home with him and if he knew that holding the right arrow and the alarm SILENCE BUTTON down would render the OmniLab Advanced machine TOTALLY UNLOCKED HE could essentially adjust his own Positive Airway Pressure settings, and essentially he could actually use this machine AT HOME, my question is, HAS ANYBODY EVER SEEM AN OmniLab Advanced inside of somebodys house, or at least HEARD OF THIS? I know that this is such a profoundly strange question. I know. I am just wondering. I have been in the PSG LABORATORY, AND I HAVE BEEN ON AN OmniLab Advanced machine before. THEY ARE VERY VERY WONDERFUL MAXHINES! I cannot tell you how amazing these Positive Airway Pressure Titration devices are. Thank You and Have a wonderful day.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OmniLab Advanced
Glad you like it, but this sounds a bit like a commercial.
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting idea. The titration machine is capable of producing all of the modes available in other machines in the Respironics lineup, and it does it in a machine that is apparently available at much lower cost than a BiPAP ST, Auto SV or AVAPS machines available to patients. I don't personally have any need for those capabilities, but it makes you wonder, if they can produce the titration engine for under $2000, why a patient must spend at least $3500 to get one version of the capabilities in this machine.

I wonder if these are sold to sleep labs at such a low cost so that patients are titrated on P.R. machines and then become customers of P.R. through the DME. It's also interesting to see these are produced in an older case style than the current System One machines. It looks like a M-Series throwback.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-30-2015, 06:41 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Interesting idea. The titration machine is capable of producing all of the modes available in other machines in the Respironics lineup, and it does it in a machine that is apparently available at much lower cost than a BiPAP ST, Auto SV or AVAPS machines available to patients. I don't personally have any need for those capabilities, but it makes you wonder, if they can produce the titration engine for under $2000, why a patient must spend at least $3500 to get one version of the capabilities in this machine.

I wonder if these are sold to sleep labs at such a low cost so that patients are titrated on P.R. machines and then become customers of P.R. through the DME. It's also interesting to see these are produced in an older case style than the current System One machines. It looks like a M-Series throwback.
I know. The OmniLab Advanced really is an amazing Positive Airway Pressure DEVICE! I have an S9 VPAP HOWEVER, I loved the OmniLab Advanced so much. I requested it for home use. Of course I lost that battle. I'm saving up for this device because I really love the performance of these machines AND PLUS YOU CAN SET THE BACKLIGHT TO A MODE WHERE IT WILL Actually remain on continuously. I wish the ResMed S9 had the ability to set this mode because the backlight is SUCH AN IMPORTANT thing to patients like me!
Post Reply Post Reply
I think my PRS1 60 series BiPAP Auto 760 has the ability to set the backlight on. It works in CPAP, APAP, BiPAP and Auto BiPAP modes. What it doesn't do is ASV or ST. Are you being treated for complex apnea?

FWIW I got this unit for $350 off craigslist with 115 hours this past January.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-30-2015, 07:11 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I think my PRS1 60 series BiPAP Auto 760 has the ability to set the backlight on. It works in CPAP, APAP, BiPAP and Auto BiPAP modes. What it doesn't do is ASV or ST. Are you being treated for complex apnea?

FWIW I got this unit for $350 off craigslist with 115 hours this past January.

I'm actually being treated for Central Sleep Apnea AND Obstructive Sleep Apnea DUR to a progressive neuromuscular disorder. I have a ResMed VPAP S9 which is a VPAP AUTO WITHOUT S/T mode. I also received with Hypoxemic Respiratory Failure dye to profound oxygen desaturatis as low as 46% which if I am not on BiLevel the next morning I an pretty much unable to do much of anything for myself. In other words, IM PRETTY MUCH DISORIENTATED, AND LOOK AND SOUND LIKE I HAVE SUFFERED A STROKE!
Post Reply Post Reply
I wonder if you can get the software for it? I suspect SleepyHead wouldn't work with it yet, either.

Other than having all the treatment modes in one box, and being remote controllable, do you think it delivers somehow better therapy than the home level devices somehow? It does seem to have somewhat different combinations of modes such as AVAPS with other therapies.

There's also a ResMed Lumis TX model that works in pretty much all the CPAP/bilevel/ASV/VAPS modes. It's sort of intended as a hospital device, but also mentions being used in the home. It also has the loud alarm module on the right side.

There's also a ResMed S9 TX model that looks an awful lot like the Lumis TX with a different label, but it's advertised as a remotely controlled titration device. It's not clear whether it can be programmed through the controls on the machine or not.

Do you have a source for the OmniLab Advanced? Is $2000 the price?
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Arch I did a search yesterday and saw a medical supply source with a price quote of $1999. I have no idea who can actually buy one, but it came up, and I assume they can't advertise below the manufacturer MAP. It could be the software package is 3X the machine cost. Smile

Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-31-2015, 10:19 AM)archangle Wrote: I wonder if you can get the software for it? I suspect SleepyHead wouldn't work with it yet, either.

Other than having all the treatment modes in one box, and being remote controllable, do you think it delivers somehow better therapy than the home level devices somehow? It does seem to have somewhat different combinations of modes such as AVAPS with other therapies.

There's also a ResMed Lumis TX model that works in pretty much all the CPAP/bilevel/ASV/VAPS modes. It's sort of intended as a hospital device, but also mentions being used in the home. It also has the loud alarm module on the right side.

There's also a ResMed S9 TX model that looks an awful lot like the Lumis TX with a different label, but it's advertised as a remotely controlled titration device. It's not clear whether it can be programmed through the controls on the machine or not.

Do you have a source for the OmniLab Advanced? Is $2000 the price?
Wow. I am going to have to investigate that ResMed VPAP that you mentioned with all of those modes. I looked for an operation manual for the OmniLab Advanced but it appears that it is nowhere on the Internet where I could get it and read it. I cannot pay for the manual but I would like a PDF copy of the operation of the Software and also the device itself. I went to CPAP talk dot com and typed a new thread there but I reall am not impressed with the people over there. A lot of trolls like to hang around. One was first to answer every question I posted there and the other had a PDF copy of the manual but just did not want to cough it up. I would loooooooooooove to read the manual
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DreamStation 2 Advanced Provider ManualIII Clay L 2 268 01-28-2024, 08:03 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  de-activate modem dreamstation2 advanced The Rog 0 356 10-18-2023, 12:45 AM
Last Post: The Rog
  Philips Bipap auto sv advanced series one keithy62 5 595 03-23-2023, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Dream Station 2 Advanced Randallje 8 873 10-23-2022, 07:24 AM
Last Post: Randallje
  Battery Backup Humidifier use Dream Station 2 cpap advanced Meangreen13 4 798 07-08-2022, 05:25 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Dreamstation 2 Advanced PIN JayCo 18 2,318 06-05-2021, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Complex Insomnia and Advanced PAP (ASV) Gideon 3 1,085 11-03-2020, 12:55 PM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.