Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

On CPAP but still have an high ODI
On CPAP but still have an high ODI
I have been on CPAP for moderate apnea for about two months now, and I feel I am "getting used to it" and am starting to have days that feel a lot better, but most days are still tough.

I wear the mask all night now, and my machine reports an AHI of typically 0.5. On the face of it pretty good, but CMS50 oximeter I have still records an ODI of around 7-9 and a pulse rise of 14. The graph of SP02 looks very "choppy" still, rather than the straighter line I have seen in other graphs or that I can record during the daytime.

I am a 36yr old guy with no other health issues and seemingly in good shape. There are no significant desats but a lot of "noise" which doesn't seem quite right.

Is this normal? Would the AHI be expected to drop/ produce a straighter line? Any help appreciated as I have to wait a month to see the doctor again.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: On CPAP but still have an high ODI
Are you able to post a screenshot form the daily page of OSCAR?

Tutorials are below in my signature line.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Dreaming

https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Using Attachments to Post ScreenShots.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are my screen shots...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Does anyone have any insight from these charts? Flow limit looks quite spikey to me, but I am very much in the dark as to if it really is!
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
It is a bit but your numbers are really really good.  How do you feel? what symptoms are you having?

Try EPR=3 and see if you FEEL better,  That should flatten the Flow Limit chart somewhat.
Fred Bonjour - Project Manager and Lead Tester for OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter 
OSCAR

Download OSCAR
New to Apnea? Helpful tips to ensure success
Mask Primer
Dealing with a DME
Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Fred, I will try that.

I feel a lot better than I did untreated, but I suspect I could feel better still.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP for 10 Years - STILL HIGH AHI's! jennie54 53 911 Yesterday, 09:37 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  my Respiratory Rate is high, is this a problem? FE350 4 243 06-12-2019, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  High Hypopneas with PR DS BIPAP ASV ? mmannari99 10 309 06-11-2019, 02:56 PM
Last Post: mmannari99
  [Diagnosis] Sometimes extremly high AHI withe new CPAP Macros 18 683 05-23-2019, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Macros
  Flying and using machine on a flight? Can it help SpO2 at high altitude? MyronH 10 461 04-21-2019, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Matt00926
  [CPAP] Would high leak give erroneously-good results? paraxion 2 267 02-27-2019, 07:09 AM
Last Post: paraxion
  Getting High AHI and Large Percentage of Clear Airway rblythe 1 299 02-07-2019, 11:17 PM
Last Post: bonjour

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.