Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

On my 4th week, checking in
On my 4th week, checking in
So I've been using a nasal pillow (P10 medium) for the past few weeks. I tried the large and small, but medium is definitely best fit. Might try going back to full face mask to see if I feel any better. Still having issues with waking up, and continue to often require 10-12 hours of sleep. I would say I've noticed a slight improvement, but not much. I  wake up 1-2 times to use restroom, and often times after 6 hours or so, I take the mask off as the outside of my nostrils are a little red/sore.

I've attached my latest screenshot. Unless anyone has any comments, I think I might try to go back to the full Vitera face mask.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: On my 4th week, checking in
Hi Tormund, I have a slightly off-topic question. You mentioned that you get up 1-2 times a night (I have the same problem) but your OSCAR results doesn't show a discontinuation or resetting of pressures. Is it that you just happened to not get up that night, or is there a setting on the AirSense 11 that lets you pause and get right back to the old pressure? Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-28-2022, 07:51 PM)PurpleOx Wrote: Hi Tormund, I have a slightly off-topic question. You mentioned that you get up 1-2 times a night (I have the same problem) but your OSCAR results doesn't show a discontinuation or resetting of pressures. Is it that you just happened to not get up that night, or is there a setting on the AirSense 11 that lets you pause and get right back to the old pressure? Thanks!

Hi there! Yea I have an ostomy so I usually need to empty it. I think I probably went to sleep around 12:30, woke up at 6am and left mask off, and like went again at 10am today.

But many nights I will go to the bathroom and put the mask back on. I usually do push the power button before I take off my mask so the airflow stops and doesn't wake my wife.

I also have the setting to not ramp, so when I put the mask back on, it starts back close to where I was I would assume.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nose was sore last night, so took a break. Going to try and get some lanolin for tonight.

Anyone see any settings that might make sense to change for me?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First post - First week of CPAP R1c4ard06 3 101 04-16-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: R1c4ard06
  Having fluctuating results 3rd week in. Data attached Jscott321 5 211 04-03-2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Jscott321
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 9 660 03-30-2024, 08:27 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 179 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  [NEW USER] First Week - Help Getting Oriented rarmstrong26 4 252 03-05-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: rarmstrong26
  Finding right mask- 1 week in GOIRISH65 3 273 03-02-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  First week - One "good" night and waking up with mask off most nights ghost10 9 709 12-15-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ghost10

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.