Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bsckup pressure
Bsckup pressure
I just returned from the Dr. and need somebody to "splain" to me what is BACKUP pressure. Also, how to set it on the ResMed Air Curve 10 ST. Any help is appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Bsckup pressure
"backup pressure?" I'm not aware of this term.

Possible he meant backup rate. I see your on an aircurve 10 s/t which has a backup rate. this kicks in during any central sleep apnea events.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, it is backup rate. Any idea about setting it.
Thanks a lot.
Post Reply Post Reply
The setup manual is available here by email if that is what you are asking.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Dave, I just requested it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
RE: Backup rate.
Generally, titration starts at about 10 but could be as low as 8 and high as your normal daytime respiration rate, usually about 16 to 20.  Just be aware that the closer you get to your spontaneous respiration rate,  the more the machine will initiate your breaths instead.  Backup rate is the safety net. 

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
setting it at 10 is common, or 2 breaths per minute below your median/average breath rate is also said
This should have been done by the doctor for you or preferably in a sleep lab.
page 37 gives an idea to how they titrate a ST. It does take some work and there is a learning curve.
https://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/...lo_eng.pdf
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Backup pressure
Thanks to everyone for the help. I finally saw the dawn appear when I suddenly realized they were talking about respiration rate. SHAZBOT!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,638 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 922 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 646 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,556 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23
  Is expiratory pressure relief similar to BiPAP on lower pressure settings? drmaestro 11 3,349 05-18-2020, 01:35 PM
  [Pressure] Difference between EPAP set pressure and operational pressure brugerard 8 2,350 01-02-2020, 10:03 PM
Last Post: brugerard
Question 90% Pressure meaning & Setting Correct Pressure for Auto-CPAP dk2011 2 3,646 12-28-2018, 05:37 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.