Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

One 45-minute hypopnea event
One 45-minute hypopnea event
Hi All - So I have been taping using my backup machine that does not collect data.

To see if the taping has reduced my leaks, I switched back to the Resmed S9 to collect leak data.

I woke up several hours later feeling terrible. And changed back to the respironics backup machine.

When I uploaded the info from the S9 to SH the AHI chart said I had one apnea (hypopnea) in 3+ hours. But it lasted 45 minutes!

Does this mean I was barely breathing for 45 minutes? If so that alarms me.

AC
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: One 45-minute hypopnea event
Upon closer inspection, the graph area on the left says a total of 17 seconds in apnea??? The AHI graph indicated 45 minutes. Can someone please explain this to me. Thanks! - AC
Post Reply Post Reply
Please post a screen shot.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'd rather see the data than guess, but a hypopnea is simply a >30% reduction in flow from your normal rate. This should be visible in the flow rate graph as a change in amplitude in the wave-form. You could have an extended event of low respiratory volume that goes on several minutes, perhaps 45?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  30 second apnea with no event recorded - please explain tcinoz 0 75 04-08-2024, 03:47 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 205 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 235 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 451 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Question OSCAR: Cheyne Stokes listed in event summary list but can't find a single event eyeloveeyez 5 358 02-12-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: eok361
  HYPOPNEA verification dataq1 22 1,208 02-06-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  What is optimal respiration rate, minute vent, tidal volume, etc? ATeam91 4 505 01-23-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: ATeam91

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.