Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

One 60 vs DreamStation Plugs
One 60 vs DreamStation Plugs
May have been asked and answered, but are the plugs for the DreamStation and the SystemOne 60 Series compatible?
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: One 60 vs DreamStation Plugs
I have yet to have a full answer, but this is what I'm seeing: Dreamstation 80 W cord set can power the older system one but the system one cord cannot power a DS.

PS: DS needs a proprietary signal which DS cordsets have but system one's doesn't...
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wonder where the split and resistor are – cigar plug end or DC coax plug end. Pictures seem to show a two wire input at the DC coax end so I am assuming that the split and resistor are there? I would chop off the entire cord except for the DC Coax plug and be able to retrofit it for my UPS system??? <<<pondering>>>

PS - Don't NEED it - cogitation on a potential CL find ....
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the dreamstation plug all the time to turn on the 560. 560 doesn't power the ds, gives an "incorrect power supply" message.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well then, I guess I need to get a cord for the Dreamstation and see if I can figure out where the phantom menace signal is coming from - the cigar lighter end or the DC coax end. From pics it seems that the cord to the COAX form the cigar lighter is a twin lead, not triple lead, so hopefully it is all contained in the coax end. If so, that will make it easy to just clip before the first ferrite choke and make a neat little two inch long adapter for both while keeping all my wiring nice and clean.

I am disappointed and kind of hate PR for following Respironics down this road to the dark side when there is ABSOLUTELY no electrical, mechanical, or engineering reason for it - only greedy @#%)@+!$ grabbing for patients' money for no good reason other than more profit.

OMMOHY
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply
Keep me updated on the progress. No shocking incident news, especially during holidays. Wink

By the way, does ResMed do similar shenanigans on their proprietary cords? Or is their scheme focused on 24V and the need for a proprietary converter?

Thanks,
Dave
lots-o-coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
On the Respironics, they have a really funky plug that does require a phantom menace signal on one of the three conductors. Without seeing that on the third conductor, that the unit will not run. Therefore, just having a plug and a 24 V source will not work. They started all this this cra, er, mess.
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply
OMyMyOHellYes,
I was under the impression that the Resmed models used 24v and Respironics used a 12v supply.  Have they changed that on the Dreamstation?  Also, the Resmed S9 used a 3 prong plug and used different resistances on one pin to identify the power supply size, 30 or 90 watt.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Obviously not THE Contrarian, but a DreamStation still runs via 12V, 80W and 6.67A output from the power brick as I saw it. They added the proprietary signal to the DS's requirements, without hacking that is.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
No, PR is still a normal, virtuous 12 V system. The 24 V that Respironics changed over to was a whole other level of eeeville in my book.
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adapter Plugs for International Travel TiredOne789 6 1,005 10-09-2023, 07:46 PM
Last Post: taylorgtr
  Dreamstation 1 to Dreamstation 2 - hardly any water use Lazagna 4 1,713 10-22-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  [CPAP] Dreamstation 2 vs. Dreamstation 1 Pressure FOMO 2 1,534 09-18-2022, 07:59 PM
Last Post: FOMO
  [CPAP] Philips Dreamstation & Dreamstation Go Different AHI? Thedudefino 2 1,304 05-31-2021, 11:33 AM
Last Post: Thedudefino
  CAs and Ear Plugs Crimson Nape 7 2,821 12-03-2014, 10:00 PM
Last Post: archangle

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.