Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

One Year Anniversary and Perplexed
RE: One Year Anniversary and Perplexed
On night 1 ( the really bad night) when I asked my sleep doctor how the SpO2 data looked here is what he said: "Your oxygen was perfect, never dropping below 90% with a baseline pulse ox of around 93% or so."

Here is my chart from that night. Am I misreading the data? To me, it looks like I was hitting a low of about 86. This is a night when I'm not sure I got any sleep. Should I be concerned?

[Image: qbyQibu.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
You can right click in the left margin of any chart and format the Y-axis to add a line at a value you specify. This makes reading the results much easier.

The graphs are a bit small for me to see details. Maybe go back to linking to the original rather than thumbnail?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Trying the same file again w different setting (large thumbnail).

Two of the downward spikes read about 88, the third is about 87. I was told I never was under 90.

[Image: qbyQibuh.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
More stats from Sleeyhead.

Night #1

SpO2Blood-oxygen saturation percentage (%)
W-Avg: 93.05 Min 86.00 Median 93.00 95% 96.00 Max 98.00

Night #2

SpO2Blood-oxygen saturation percentage (%)
W-Avg: 92.35 Min 87.00 Median 93.00 95% 94.00 Max 98.00
Post Reply Post Reply
You had a couple of dips that happened when you had OA's but overall your O2 levels held around 92 which is OK. Your AHI is terrible. But you already know that.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-01-2017, 10:43 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: You had a couple of dips that happened when you had OA's but overall your O2 levels held around 92 which is OK. Your AHI is terrible. But you already know that.

Are "dips" significant? Because I sure felt horrible. 

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
Not in your case. You felt terrible because you had so many Apnea events which are being caused mostly by CA events.. Your body didn't get any rest. But don't listen to sleeprider because his advice might actually help you.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-01-2017, 10:53 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Not in your case. You felt terrible because you had so many Apnea events which are being caused mostly by CA  events.. Your body didn't get any rest. But don't listen to sleeprider because his advice might actually help you.

Please spare me the sharp comments. I greatly respect Sleeprider's advice and am in a spot with a sleep doctor more involved in the case than I expected who has a different take. I've already apologized to Sleeprider for actively putting him into a position tries his best to avoid, by soliciting his help with a doctor in the picture.

If I need to prove a Bi-level doesn't work to get to an ASV machine it behooves me to use the settings the sleep doc has prescribed. All things being equal, I'd prefer following Sleeprider's advice. But I have real world constraints.

I hope you understand that. Additionally raising the PS to 5 with 11/4 did improve my numbers (still not great) and I slept at least.

I'm a person of goodwill who is just doing his best to get his life back. Cut me a break.

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
Roger that. Sorry I said, what I said. Anyway don't worry your O2 is fine. Really do hope it works for you. Again Sorry!
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-01-2017, 11:13 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Roger that. Sorry I said,  what I said. Anyway don't worry your O2 is fine. Really do hope it works for you. Again Sorry!

Thank you. No hard feelings. I'm just struggling and trying my best to find a solution.

Cheers,

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's been a year and I'm about ready to kick CPAP to the curb drago7579 15 321 04-20-2024, 08:44 PM
Last Post: drago7579
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 46 3,174 04-16-2024, 05:04 AM
Last Post: Macka
  1 Year of Therapy Still Dealing With Fatigue and Headaches Zzera 7 302 03-31-2024, 09:27 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Treatment] One year in, need a reality check BuzzaJim 2 177 03-30-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: BuzzaJim
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,783 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  It's Been Almost a Year With My aPAP, Still Need Help AP0011 2 340 01-20-2024, 03:21 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] Last year, AHI <1. This year, AHI >5. WTF? srwilsn3 14 864 12-17-2023, 11:41 AM
Last Post: srwilsn3

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.