Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

One Year Anniversary and Perplexed
RE: One Year Anniversary and Perplexed
Spy Car, You say you've tried lower EPR before and things were worse. Since you've not shown any charts with a low EPR and worse results I would try it again and than put up your chart. You might of just had a bad night. It happens. You saw last night what happens when you increased your pressure support. Just try using the settings Sleeprider gave you and see the results after a few days.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-31-2017, 11:47 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: Spy Car, You say you've tried lower EPR before and things were worse. Since you've not shown any charts with a low EPR and worse results I would try it again and than put up your chart. You might of just had a bad night. It happens. You saw last night what happens when you increased your pressure support. Just try using the settings Sleeprider gave you and see the results after a few days.

I'd like you to accept that I've tried lowering my EPR on multiple occasions (in response to advice on this forum) and in my case, I have felt worse every time I've taken that route. I can accept that there are general rules, but lowered EPR settings have been tried and they work badly in my case.

It seems to me like last night's disaster was a result of a too high IPAP setting that made it impossible for me to sleep. I didn't get a wink.

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
Hopefully you'll be put on ASV sooner than later. Good luck to you and hope things will go better for you! Big Grin
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
All I can say is try the settings I sent. Your Autoset can't duplicate the timing and I think it will help for now. Your ultimate solution may be ASV but I havve said before I don't think you will get coverage, but hopefully a prescription
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-31-2017, 01:51 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: All I can say is try the settings I sent. Your Autoset can't duplicate the timing and I think it will help for now. Your ultimate solution may be ASV but I havve said before I don't think you will get coverage, but hopefully a prescription

Is there a supplier on the list that does trial-type rentals on ASVs? I think I may have coverage for an ASV (could take some pressure).

A Bi-value trial hasn't worked yet (practically killed me last night).

After communicating with the sleep doc, he set the machine for 11/4, PS-5.  So I'll try it and any corrections he has for tomorrow.

My apologies for my putting you in a position I know you you best to stay out of. At least I have an alternative approach to try this weekend from a person whose judgement I hold in great store. 

I'll let you all know how this goes. 

Thanks for the help!

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
11/5 PS 5 won't help, and I actually expect worse results...good luck. My guess is he is eliminating bilevel before moving on to more effective therapy. For insurance you have to fail both CPAP and BiPAP.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's hoping you get to move up to the large blower. I can't tell you what to do, but you have to decide how far to experiment with BiPAP. I gave it an honest few weeks then I had to throw a red NFL challenge flag and say this is it. I had to get an urgent need appointment with the pulmonary duck office. The nurse and on site physician that morning both were like "why aren't you on ASV?". Frankly I stated that I'd like to know that also. BOOM! Dave's enroute to ASV machine.

FWIW take this however you choose: draw a line where you won't cross going any further with BiPAP. ALWAYS do what's best for YOU! DME and duck may make obtaining the blower happen. Supposing insurance is involved, they represent the money. Most important though is yourself. Again hope your situation progresses to a big win for YOU.

Dave B.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-31-2017, 06:00 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Here's hoping you get to move up to the large blower. I can't tell you what to do, but you have to decide how far to experiment with BiPAP. I gave it an honest few weeks then I had to throw a red NFL challenge flag and say this is it. I had to get an urgent need appointment with the pulmonary duck office. The nurse and on site physician that morning both were like "why aren't you on ASV?". Frankly I stated that I'd like to know that also. BOOM! Dave's enroute to ASV machine.

FWIW take this however you choose: draw a line where you won't cross going any further with BiPAP. ALWAYS do what's best for YOU! DME and duck may make obtaining the blower happen. Supposing insurance is involved, they represent the money. Most important though is yourself. Again hope your situation progresses to a big win for YOU.

Dave B.

Hey Dave, unless things go wildly bad (possible) I'll have 4 more nights. I thought I was being very clever getting the machine on a Wednesday so I could have it over a weekend and thereby have it for 5 nights (as opposed to the standard 3) as I hoped a bi-level might help.

I'm praying tonight is better. Last night felt like torture.

I'd like to try an ASV. I gather you are liking it. In what whys does it feel different?

Bill

That's when I hope-level might possibly help
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are last night's charts on settings of 11/4 PS 5.

Not great results, but a massive improvement from last night's torture test. I actually got some (very needed) sleep last night. Still, I woke up with the spaced out feeling I strongly associate with a high ratio of CA events. I could have predicted the chart results with pretty high accuracy without having seen them.

Thoughts?

Bill

[Image: Y3xwCmX.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
For those who asked about the ResMed Pulse Ox and Sleepyhead. I reported up thread that I could not get the Sleepyhead Pulse Oximeter Wizard to recognize a compatible device so I thought they were incompatible. Wrong!

What I didn't realize until just now is that Sleepyhead automatically pulled in the SPO2 data (synced in time) during the regular import of the CPAP (or in this case, B-level) data. I guess didn't notice it down in bottom of the hierarchy of charts.

I made a new thread so those not following here might see it.

Bad news is I suspect the sleep doc may have been spinning the results.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...r-it-works
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,606 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,462 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  It's Been Almost a Year With My aPAP, Still Need Help AP0011 2 304 01-20-2024, 03:21 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] Last year, AHI <1. This year, AHI >5. WTF? srwilsn3 14 796 12-17-2023, 11:41 AM
Last Post: srwilsn3
  Medicare cpap 5 year replacement policy Sonno 4 573 09-11-2023, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Sonno
  Help for my 8 year old! Teeleidor 7 724 08-14-2023, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Sleepy Quixote
  [Diagnosis] Question About OSA Diagnosis Criteria for 14-Year-Olds Dire 2 500 08-09-2023, 04:53 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.