Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

One big event per night
One big event per night
I've been sleeping better with my CPAP but almost schedule every morning around 5am I wake up with the classic heart rate up and mind racing. I can't get back to sleep after that. 

Are there any adjustments I can make to try to curb this? I'm averaging a pressure of 10 but my max is already set to 20.

Thanks for your insights!

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: One big event per night
Maybe, We would need to see what is happening around 5am. No promises.
Please download OSCAR and postt your daily charts. See the Organize links in my signature for which charts are more important and to include.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again for your response. I will need to obtain an SD card to collect this data.
Post Reply Post Reply
You will find that this is one difference here at AB, We tend to offer advice based on data. I feel it is better to do so with knowledge than to guess.

Looking for your charts.
Post Reply Post Reply
Attached is my OSCAR data from Saturday night. The closest representation of an average night for me.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
With ResMed devices, Flow Limits are extremely important to how the machine reacts.  Your history and indicated by the RERA showing, even with currently showing zero events, indicated that you had significant Flow Limitations.  I strongly suspect, because your pressure is all over the place, that you are still having significant flow limitation.  

Please include Flow Limits in the charts that you post.

Also, post a zoom-in of the charts showing only 2 minutes of data (click on a graph repeatedly until you show 2 minutes of data.  Do this for 2 different areas of the charts so we can check your flow limits.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you again for your assistance. Attached are the additional pieces of information.

Post Reply Post Reply
Now please show Events, Flow Rate, Flow Limit, Pressure, Leaks, Snores for the entire night, including the left sidebar without the calendar and PieChart.

Try 2 minute view at 2:30 and 8:30 These should include all the above charts so we can see cause and effect
Post Reply Post Reply
Like the attached?

Post Reply Post Reply
almost, bring in Flow Limits and show the full night.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 398 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Question OSCAR: Cheyne Stokes listed in event summary list but can't find a single event eyeloveeyez 5 329 02-12-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: eok361
  CPAP sticks on higher pressure after Obstructive Apnea event AlanR 3 461 11-12-2023, 12:19 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  What is a 'Clear Airway' Event? dreamstream 13 16,355 08-29-2023, 08:09 AM
Last Post: nallac
  Cheyene Stokes event - first ever in 120 nights Willgetthere 2 511 08-27-2023, 02:11 AM
Last Post: Willgetthere
  [Diagnosis] Is this indicative of most events happening during REM? | What is a respiratory event Dire 4 554 08-08-2023, 03:18 PM
Last Post: Dire
  CA with arousal before event VS no arousal sleep2023 1 518 08-01-2023, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Sleepy Quixote

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.