Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

One last chance at a new mask.
One last chance at a new mask.
Hi Everyone. I have one last chance to get a mask today that will be free, so i am trying to figure out if i need to even bother. I have almost come to the conclusion that my masks are probably as good as they get even though they give me some troubles. First i have the Swift FX pillows that i have finally gotten used to and really do like, but was wondering if there was better pillow masks that are more comfortable and i have a Mirage FX for her that i used to like, but now after getting used to the pillows i almost feel like it is suffocating. I was going to try the Mirage Activa Nasal Mask because i am such a toss and turner, but now that i have gotten used to the pillows, i guess i wouldn't like that either. Does anyone know of a mask with pillows that is comfortable and stays in place when your an active sleeper or is there such a thing. I have an appointment at 2 today and i may even call to cancel because after looking at all the masks i really don't thing there is a solution. Is there?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: One last chance at a new mask.
There is a newer variation of the Swift FX for her out there call: Swift™ FX Bella Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgears. These newer versions have two types of headgear allowing the mask to be attached with loops around the ears, or the more traditional headgear of the original Swift FX. The loop-type headgear may allow for greater, unrestricted movement for active sleepers. It might be worth looking at.

Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd go to the appointment. You never know- you might get a tech really skilled with masks. Take the ones you have. Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-24-2012, 06:35 AM)EyesWideOpen Wrote: There is a newer variation of the Swift FX for her out there call: Swift™ FX Bella Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgears. These newer versions have two types of headgear allowing the mask to be attached with loops around the ears, or the more traditional headgear of the original Swift FX. The loop-type headgear may allow for greater, unrestricted movement for active sleepers. It might be worth looking at.

People who already have a Swift FX can just order the bella loops, which is a lot cheaper. I bought mine on eBay for half what suppliers want. Note that eBay (USA) doesn't allow items that require a prescription, but the bella loops are "parts," so it's legal to sell them there. Ditto for replacement pillows and such.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi jodiramm, I'd go ahead and go to the apointment, you just might find something better. I used the Mirage Activa and liked it, the only thing was, with that mask, they didnot offer a petite cushion so I switched to pillows and like them as well. I could switch back and forth as I need to though and get along just fine. Best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Why is this your last chance? Last chance as in you are getting tired of trying masks or last chance because it's the last one the supplier will let you try?

Either way, go to the appointment. List out each mask you have tried and the problems you have had with each and take that list with you.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have a lot of patients who love the Swift FX. The complaint I get, besides the air pressure, is the pressure it can put right underneath the nose. I have trialed a Swift LT on those who complained, and they have liked it better. The only issue with the LT, is that the headgear is not as soft as with the FX. If you like nasal masks, the Zest might work well for you too. Very light weight and it does an amazing job.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-24-2012, 05:33 PM)dakota Wrote: If you like nasal masks, the Zest might work well for you too. Very light weight and it does an amazing job.
Everyone is different. You never know if the mask going to be comfortable or can work for you till you try it.
For me its the Activa LT but for someone else it can be the most uncomfortable mask
Welcome
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-24-2012, 05:51 PM)zonk Wrote:
(08-24-2012, 05:33 PM)dakota Wrote: If you like nasal masks, the Zest might work well for you too. Very light weight and it does an amazing job.
Everyone is different. You never know if the mask going to be comfortable or can work for you till you try it.
For me its the Activa LT but for someone else it can be the most uncomfortable mask
Welcome

You are 100% correct and I do love the Activa LT and it is one of the masks I bring in to my patients. That is why I sit with my patients, let them try the masks (with pressure) to see how they tolerate it. I have a lot of success with the Zest though for those who tolerate it and like it. I also have a lot of patients who swear by the Zest as well as the Activa LT, and Ultra Mirage II. Just depends on the individual.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just woke up from the best sleep i have gotten since i started with the hose a little under a month now. I went to my appointment and got the Swift FX Bella for her. It is the most comfortable mask ever. You don't even feel it at all. Just adjust the ear pieces to your liking and you don't even feel them. I know right? It looks uncomfortable, but for me it was not and i didn't even wake up once. Now if i could just sleep passed 6 hours.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,525 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,208 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,750 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,094 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,423 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan
  Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue Visitor 10 4,831 10-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Personal Experience On Nasal Mask Compared with Full Face Mask ramphil2019 19 4,528 04-07-2019, 12:01 AM
Last Post: ramphil2019

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.