Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

One month in, things seem OK, feedback welcome
RE: One month in, things seem OK, feedback welcome
I had my first followup sleep-clinic appointment on Thursday (2 days ago) and the technician agreed with me that raising pressures might improve my AHI even further.  I told her about how much I've learned here the last month, about my ability to access the clinical settings and my use of SleepyHead and the Contec CMS50F - she's happy to have an engaged patient with great numbers; I got a little friendly stinkeye about me going behind the curtain, but no real objection, and she'll be recommending SH to other numbers-geek patients.  I told her I'll play nice and phone in ideas for settings changes, for now at least.   Bigwink

So she changed the starting pressure for auto-ramp from 4 to 7, and the min/max range during sleep from 5-20 to 9-15.  It wasn't particularly annoying or difficult to get used to; I fell asleep quickly as usual and didn't notice any problems during the night.

My reports the two nights since then show an *increasing* AHI.  It's only been two nights of use, but I'm wondering if an immediate reversal is anything to further examine, or just let it run a week or two.  Does AHI sometimes increase as the body adapts to higher pressures?
Post Reply Post Reply
great to hear you have a cooperative doc. I think folks will want to see some charts to inform their responses. no harm in doing so now but suggest you give the settings a little more time and post charts then (as well). let's see what the more-experienced members say.
Post Reply Post Reply
Jim - any setting changes I make in any direction always results in crappy AHI numbers for a few nights so I wouldn't worry

Rob
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In a quandry over a couple of things... SheShells23 53 940 Yesterday, 01:40 PM
Last Post: SheShells23
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 160 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 537 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 11 595 03-23-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 194 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 9 239 03-21-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  One month in and could use help RTC75321 2 155 03-20-2024, 06:46 PM
Last Post: RTC75321

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.