Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

One more gadget
One more gadget
Just ran across an ad for a 'device' that allows the user to remove the CPAP from the nightstand. Check out the CPAP Bed Tray

If you're going to do this, you might as well put the machine under your bed.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: One more gadget
Looks like the support just extends between the mattress & box springs a couple of feet. For the $49.95 price, I could just make one out of 1/4-inch plywood and a few feet of small wood trim, a bit of stain and some polyurethane. A heck of a lot cheaper that way. Nice concept though, I suppose. But I'd make my own before shelling out 50 bucks. Smile
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm with Super Sleeper. A little carpentery will do the job. Smile
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree that the price is way too high. You could build one cheaper if you had the materials on hand, but it would cost you that much to build one if you had to buy everything.

I'm also concerned about stability issues. Plus, if you're that concerned about how a machine looks on your night stand, I don't see how this would be an improvement.

Now, if you didn't have a night stand or room for one ...
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with everyone else, I can't believe how people try to make money out of others. Personally, I got rid of my clock / Radio from my night stand because I used to 'clock watch' which is not good sleep hygiene and replaced it with my CPAP which isn't much larger. No one else goes in my bedroom so who really cares where it sits as long as it works.
Post Reply Post Reply
Firstly, I wouldn't want the bloody thing that close to my head coz I don't want to hear it (mine is a good distance away), second, why not, if you want it down by the side of the bed, put it on a book or two, and be done with it?
Post Reply Post Reply
I think it would be better to put it in a drawer of a nightstand or similar cabinet. Open it at night, push it closed in the morning.

But, IMHO, if someone really thinks the sleeker newer machines are ugly and they feel the need to hide them, then they got weird priorities. I think my S9 blends in right nicely with all the other bedroom crap. It's smaller than our clock.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
It really depends on your priorities.

If I don't have the money and I have lots of time, I'd probably build my own bed-shelf as suggested by SuperSleeper. I might even incorporate some sort of hose guide.

If I bill my services at $100 per hour, am very busy, and it takes me an hour or two to make a decent shelf like this, maybe $50 is worth the price. I know I would be getting a durable good that costs me less than if I were to make it myself.

My nightstand has a shelf that's below the bed, but many nightstands don't, or if they do, the only access to the stand is from the front. If I have an S9, that means weird routing for an already-short hose.

I like the idea of having the blower below the level of the bed or the top of the nightstand because the sound from the blower decreases dramatically when it's not right in your face.

I like that it comes with a security strap. Some of us are blower flingers. We turn over quickly in our sleep and the machine sails across the room as it's tugged by the hose. This could help save the machine. Hoses are a lot cheaper to replace.
[Image: dreamdiver-signature-gif.gif]
Post Reply Post Reply
Anybody using this nasal pillow system? [Image: cpap-pro-nasal-pillow-system.jpg]

It's called the "CPAP PRO Nasal Pillow System" and is dependent on you keeping your mouth closed.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-28-2013, 07:50 AM)PollCat Wrote: Just ran across an ad for a 'device' that allows the user to remove the CPAP from the nightstand. Check out the

If you're going to do this, you might as well put the machine under your bed.

I work offshore, and sleep in bunk beds. While most have a wall shelf, this would work well if a self was not available.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.