One night = 0 leaks, next night 30 L.....???
GrammaBear Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Air Fit P10
Humidifier: ResMed H5i heated humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 12.2 - 16.2
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Type 1 diabetes - using Tandem T-slim insulin pump, Dexcom G4 CGM

Sex: Female

One night = 0 leaks, next night 30 L.....???
One night I will have 0 leaks, the next night I get 30 L. I use the same mask, nasal pillows, heated hose etc. I wash my equipment every morning and by evening it is ready to use again. Although the calendar doesn't signal Spring yet (where I live) - could the variable leaks be due to allergies? I also use the humidifier for my machine. I don't understand what is going on or what I am doing wrong?
01-28-2016 10:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

Sex: Male

RE: One night = 0 leaks, next night 30 L.....???
Is the duration of the 30LPM leak significant?

Leaks: Mouth opening? Moving such as to bump the mask? Headgear (straps) still in good shape? Gasket in lid of H5i humidifier in correct?

Is this the new machine? If so, check for proper mating of the blower unit to the humidifier.
They separate by pushing a black button on the back to unlatch, then pull apart.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
01-28-2016 12:38 PM
GrammaBear Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Air Fit P10
Humidifier: ResMed H5i heated humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 12.2 - 16.2
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Type 1 diabetes - using Tandem T-slim insulin pump, Dexcom G4 CGM

Sex: Female

(01-28-2016 12:38 PM)justMongo Wrote:  Is the duration of the 30LPM leak significant?

Leaks: Mouth opening? Moving such as to bump the mask? Headgear (straps) still in good shape? Gasket in lid of H5i humidifier in correct?

Is this the new machine? If so, check for proper mating of the blower unit to the humidifier.
They separate by pushing a black button on the back to unlatch, then pull apart.

Yes, it is the new machine, however it is the humidifier from my old machine. I did not buy a new humidifier as the old one seemed to be working ok. Maybe I am wrong in that assumption?
01-28-2016 01:03 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

Sex: Male

(01-28-2016 01:03 PM)GrammaBear Wrote:  
(01-28-2016 12:38 PM)justMongo Wrote:  Is the duration of the 30LPM leak significant?

Yes, it is the new machine, however it is the humidifier from my old machine. I did not buy a new humidifier as the old one seemed to be working ok. Maybe I am wrong in that assumption?

Using the old H5i is fine. I'm sure you probably got them to click together. That also eliminates the lid gasket as you are using he same H5i.

How is the hose? Pin hole leak? The aftermarket hoses aren't a tough as the OEM hoses.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
01-28-2016 01:39 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  One good night, now leak issues? sleepyguy99 18 538 Today 09:45 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  failure to record 2nd part of night Beej 10 289 12-03-2016 02:08 AM
Last Post: sonicboom
  Overslept last night, forgot what day it was *sigh* Beej 8 379 11-20-2016 01:59 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
  Best Night Yet (And a Few Questions) Spy Car 6 285 11-19-2016 05:57 PM
Last Post: Spy Car
Question First Machine, First Night, First results..Help please? SJGino 9 405 11-18-2016 11:55 PM
Last Post: SJGino
  Is it worth dropping pressure to get over leaks rich2905 19 1,275 11-16-2016 02:38 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
Question CA's, Mask type, and leaks/vent Rcgop 10 379 11-15-2016 03:02 PM
Last Post: robysue