Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

One night = 0 leaks, next night 30 L.....???
One night = 0 leaks, next night 30 L.....???
One night I will have 0 leaks, the next night I get 30 L. I use the same mask, nasal pillows, heated hose etc. I wash my equipment every morning and by evening it is ready to use again. Although the calendar doesn't signal Spring yet (where I live) - could the variable leaks be due to allergies? I also use the humidifier for my machine. I don't understand what is going on or what I am doing wrong?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: One night = 0 leaks, next night 30 L.....???
Is the duration of the 30LPM leak significant?

Leaks: Mouth opening? Moving such as to bump the mask? Headgear (straps) still in good shape? Gasket in lid of H5i humidifier in correct?

Is this the new machine? If so, check for proper mating of the blower unit to the humidifier.
They separate by pushing a black button on the back to unlatch, then pull apart.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2016, 12:38 PM)justMongo Wrote: Is the duration of the 30LPM leak significant?

Leaks: Mouth opening? Moving such as to bump the mask? Headgear (straps) still in good shape? Gasket in lid of H5i humidifier in correct?

Is this the new machine? If so, check for proper mating of the blower unit to the humidifier.
They separate by pushing a black button on the back to unlatch, then pull apart.

Yes, it is the new machine, however it is the humidifier from my old machine. I did not buy a new humidifier as the old one seemed to be working ok. Maybe I am wrong in that assumption?

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2016, 01:03 PM)GrammaBear Wrote:
(01-28-2016, 12:38 PM)justMongo Wrote: Is the duration of the 30LPM leak significant?

Yes, it is the new machine, however it is the humidifier from my old machine. I did not buy a new humidifier as the old one seemed to be working ok. Maybe I am wrong in that assumption?

Using the old H5i is fine. I'm sure you probably got them to click together. That also eliminates the lid gasket as you are using he same H5i.

How is the hose? Pin hole leak? The aftermarket hoses aren't a tough as the OEM hoses.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 1 30 1 hour ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 155 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 121 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 8 131 03-14-2024, 01:15 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  First Night Looking for advise wjg1 4 143 03-12-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Help regarding managing leaks Strange54 0 85 03-09-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Strange54
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 4 192 03-09-2024, 06:58 AM
Last Post: Frankiboy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.