Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Central apnea help !
RE: Central apnea help !
The strange thing is my centrals happen in the middle of the night. Not after I just go to bed or before I wake up. They normally occur in between 3 AM to 4 AM. I don't change my mask but often change my Cushing I have no leaks at all. I use Resmed and sleepyhead software. I know that anything below five AHI is very good and I'm thankful for that. Just wondering if that's normal ?
Post Reply Post Reply
CA in SleepyHead means Clear Airway, NOT Central Apnea. That's very important terminology on purpose as all the machine knows is that it sent a puff of air and did not get anything back. That can be MANY things.

When you zoom in on the CA events, you will notice false positives in Sleepyhead as well, where nothing really happened. Usually a CA event will be for 10 seconds or more.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use resmed software most of the time. I am very familiar with the sleepyhead software and what you're saying is true. My central apnea's last for 10 to 15 seconds. I have zoomed in with the resmed software and they are flatlined for 10 to 15 seconds. I just wonder if anybody else is having central apnea's with my same pressures. Is this really normal ? Just curious not concerned.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dino....yes you are normal. As Lukie said earlier, often leaks can show up as CAs. Like you I have some CAs in the middle of the night, but my AHI is normally less than 1.0. I think in the middle of the night I roll around, probably making my mask leak. When I look at my data in Rescan, I always see a correlation between a group of leaks and all kinds of events including CAs. As long as your AHI is less than five, use your time thinking about something more pleasant, whatever that may be for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was looking at my last titration study that was done last December. I noticed that it had OA, CA, MA and RERA listed. What is MA? After I woke up a little bit, I figured it out (mixed apnea)
Post Reply Post Reply
I think MA, means mixed apnea but I'm not sure. It's probably on the acronyms page here on the board.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Get input !! I really want to thank everyone for addressing my questions. I was able to talk with a sleep doctor and he told me what I was experiencing was called " post movement centrals (which are normal) " Everyone has them. In my sleep study they wouldn't have been scored but the S9 does score them. Thank you for your discussion, insight and help. You people are fantastic.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,513 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,395 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 608 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 23 536 03-24-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 852 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 211 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 264 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.