Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

One night without CPAP and I feel like c*ap
RE: One night without CPAP and I feel like c*ap
Thanks Paul. My machine is still on fixed setting so that wouldn't a problem. I may visit that if it persists. This morning the leak jumped up a notch but only from 9L/min to 10L/min. I don't think it had been off long again.

Last week I went in to turn on the warm up feature on my machine a few minutes before going to bed and the blower was on! THAT was interesting! Thinking-about I asked my husband if he did it and he said no ... he wouldn't know how.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-18-2014, 09:21 PM)me50 Wrote: Be nice if there was a built in alarm if we take our mask off without turning off the machine first.

There is - sorta - on Resmed machines, turn on the high leak alarm, and turn off 'auto on' - so unless you are awake enough to both take off the mask and turn the machine off, it will set off the alarm.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
Call me slow - but, the high leak alarm does work if your mask comes off before you turn the machine off. The idea being you sorta need to be awake to turn off and remove. I have mine on as I can sleep through pretty bad leaks after all these years. Course, I can sleep through the alarm too, but my better half can't Tongue
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
First I pulled my mask off and the rush of air woke up SWMBO.
So I turned on auto on/off so there's no rush of air
Then I pulled my mask off and began to snore, which woke up SWMBO
So I turned on the hi leak alarm, which woke up SWMBO
So my subconscious now tells me to hit the off button before I pull the mask off, and nobody wakes up...
Until sometime later when one of us does and see the mask is not on.

Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
What do you think causes you to take your mask off?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-19-2014, 05:36 AM)me50 Wrote: What do you think causes you to take your mask off?

Sometimes it's because of leaks, and at others it's because of stuffy nose. But when I look at the data there's seldom a leak occurring at the time, and I don't always have a stuffy nose.

I think sometimes it's because the pressure's getting to high - I frequently max out over 20. When that happens I get leaks into my eyes and it's hard on the sinuses.
Post Reply Post Reply
yeah putting the mask on for me is like flipping a light switch......i'm out!
Post Reply Post Reply
some kind of a backup machine - going even a day or two while waiting just won't work for me.

Kudos on the backup machine , One night without mine an the next morning it's as I have never used it . back to the foggy head and no energy . I keep a PR560p in the drawer under the bed just in case . It does seam like my backup machine gets a lot of use though , You come in my house and snore your using it ! Helped a few friends and Relatives get on the hose after they woke up feeling the best in years .
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-18-2014, 09:42 PM)ImaSurvivor Wrote: I have been at this for two months and had heard of others finding their masks off in the night. I hadn't had anything like that happen. Then, last week, I woke up to find mine completely off. I must have done it but don't remember. I don't think it had been off long though. The sound of gushing air woke me and there was no elevated leakage showing on my machine. Last couple weeks have been tiring following some stressful time with my Dad's health and working and keeping up with needs for my elderly parents. This morning my mask was half off my head and gushing air again. The velcro on the strap pulled loose this time and I was a bit tangled in the hose. I do have it draped over a post on the headboard to keep it above my head but I still managed to get tangled. Hoping no more of that happens. I don't want to have it off and interrupt therapy. Don't want to feel lousy especially now that I am feeling improvements.

Honestly, something like this happens to me about month or so. Sometimes its on my head, one time I woke up with it completely off and my chinstrap was still on somehow (I wear my chinstrap over the mask). Still trying to figure that out.Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
I guess I am one of the "strange" ones. I took my hose, etc. to wash them yesterday. I didn't put the hose back on the hook for a nap and when I went to sleep last night and I did a lot better (I know that it was only one night...2 sleep sessions) with the hose off the hook. Will see how it goes that way for a week or two.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 185 Yesterday, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Abhi
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 87 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 828 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 324 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Cool [Diagnosis] Hello! Hola! New to CPAP, first night of SD card (Help Appreciated!) punkrockcholo 29 2,130 03-06-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,013 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] First PAP usage (BiPAP) for treating UARS + Maybe OSA - Feel like hyperventilating? OneShleepyBoi 21 895 03-02-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.