Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

One size fits all headgear
One size fits all headgear
Just started using the Air fit F30i.  Loving it.  Great ahi, lower leaks than my F20 Air touch so far.  My only concern is the headgear. As far as I can tell it only comes in one size.  Anyone successful in modifying other one size fits all headgears?  Right now I have it clinched almost as right as it goes and this is my 2nd day. Thanks
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: One size fits all headgear
It looks like only one head gear to fit all three frame sizes. Don't the straps adjust to your frame/head size? I too am interested in this mask, trying to learn all I can about it.

[Commercial Link Removed]

.pdf   f30i-sizing-guide.pdf (Size: 293.26 KB / Downloads: 17)

-----
Moderator Action: Commercial Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes the straps adjust, but if you have alittle head they can only adjust so much.  I am hoping they make a "for her version".
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
I found the same problem with the S&P Bravida make. I have a small head and not much hair. Many masks aren't small enough for smaller female heads--or small males for that matter. I have stuck with the Wisp for that reason--they have a smaller frame available and a small cushion for small noses.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you go to a cpap supplier, it looks like they have a small, standard and large size frame that the cushions attach to. I am guessing that what they call a frame is what has the air delivery tubes that attach to the cushion and goes over your head.. It appears that they come in different lengths for different sizes of heads. I do not know if they can be bought separately.

Also, how is the noise with the air tubes running by your ear, I have tried PR Dreamwear and I did not like the extra sound.

car54
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes they make different size frames but not different size headgear.  I have sent an email to the manufacturer.  Maybe I'll be successful in my request..  I have not noticed any noise.  It is so light and unobtrusive. I really am excited about this mask.   Only 2 days hope this trend continues.

I could wear a cap to add bulk to my head.. Just a thought.
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
Or:[Commercial Link Removed]  Search amazon for "Terry-Headband-Various-Colors-Sweatband

-----

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-06-2020, 05:38 PM)lacro Wrote: Or:[Commercial Link Removed]  Search amazon for "Terry-Headband-Various-Colors-Sweatband

-----

-----

Lacro, good idea.  Last nite I used a chin strap and it added bulk.   Thanks
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-07-2020, 07:11 AM)readyforsleep Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 05:38 PM)lacro Wrote: Or:[Commercial Link Removed]  Search amazon for "Terry-Headband-Various-Colors-Sweatband

-----

-----

Lacro, good idea.  Last nite I used a chin strap and it added bulk.   Thanks

Good idea!
I have a cpap cap that has a velcro chin strap. If I wear that, then put on my N20 mask, I have to adjust the straps way out.
Downside--if I get up in the night, and remove my mask (because I'm half asleep) then it's a real chore getting my mask back on.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
[quote pid='332986' dateline='1581083855']

Good idea!
I have a cpap cap that has a velcro chin strap. If I wear that, then put on my N20 mask, I have to adjust the straps way out.
Downside--if I get up in the night, and remove my mask (because I'm half asleep) then it's a real chore getting my mask back on.
[/quote]

What is a cpa p cap?
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,790 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Tube Size - 12mm, 15mm and 22mm MrIvanDrago 8 474 02-23-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 8 1,659 01-13-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez
Question [Equipment] Is the headgear on AirFit N20 the same as AirFit F20? James87 4 441 01-12-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: labrat
  P10 Headgear paulag1955 2 354 12-14-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  F&P Solo Headgear Columbiabill 1 474 12-09-2023, 01:25 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  [Equipment] Resmed N30i/P30i headgear sleeve issues Himrent 1 423 11-23-2023, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.