Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

One size fits all headgear
RE: One size fits all headgear
I found cpa p caps on Amazon.  They look so thin, not sure how they would add bulk?
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine is very thin. However, the velcro chinstrap is substantial. I have to let out my mask straps a lot when I use this headgear...
I didn't buy from that vendor. I don't know what they have for sale. (Last time I used a link I got in trouble here, so I can't do that to show you what i have.

edit: here's a link to the review posted here! It was very helpful!

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-Pur-Sleep
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
A bit of a coincidence with this question this morning.  I just last night for the first time wondered if I could find smaller headgear.  I too have the straps pulled as far as they will go and still have some issues.  I thought, maybe my head is too small.  I was experimenting with a soft strap to help with not taking it off (didn't work), and then found I had some velcro pads in my possession.  I decided to see if they would help in anyway with making the mask fit better. 

Let me just say, McGyver I am NOT.

I will now call my DME and see what they suggest.

Sincerely,
Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sometimes I get frustrated. We have all this gear to use, wear, and maintain. A while back I tried full face masks again. Reason? I wear a nasal mask and a chinstrap or other gear because I'm claustrophobic. I've tried about 8 masks over the last while. full face masks. I take them off very quickly because of claustrophobia.

I do have a cpap cap. Made my pur-sleep. After I wear it a while, it gets rumply....is that a word?

Back to your issue, I was wondering if you could use something like pad-a-cheek, but on the headgear. Then I wondered if that would cause the headgear to slip. You know....the little voice on the shoulder that questions everything.

I met a very rude person at a DME. By the time she had put a mask on me twice, I thought I had been assaulted. I asked her if she had ever worn a mask hooked to a machine while she was sleepy. I got an angry response. Of course not...and it went on and on.

I searched for and found a good DME. I'm very thankful. They charge too much, but I don't want to be in never-never land again.

It's darn hard to wear this gear. But it's worth it. I keep telling myself that...
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks  For posting this question!

I just got off the phone with my DME supply line.

Miracle of miracles there is a ResMed FOR HER (size small) headgear for my AirTouch F20 mask!  They have already shipped it.  She stated it will fit the AirFit F20 and AirTouch F20 styles.

Sure would have been nice to know about this during one of my many visits to the local supplier office regarding the fitting of my mask and styles of mask.  Typical.

Thank you again,
Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 10 1,818 04-16-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez
  [Equipment] Headgear for very large heads NogginOff 5 277 04-01-2024, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Cpapian
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,895 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Tube Size - 12mm, 15mm and 22mm MrIvanDrago 8 557 02-23-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Question [Equipment] Is the headgear on AirFit N20 the same as AirFit F20? James87 4 485 01-12-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: labrat
  P10 Headgear paulag1955 2 371 12-14-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  F&P Solo Headgear Columbiabill 1 530 12-09-2023, 01:25 PM
Last Post: yankees123

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.