Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

One week in but have cleaning questions.
Actually the bushes do fit the Climate line hoses. I have one and have used it twice. After reading several posts in the past I realized I was wasting my time. Now I just use a couple drops of dish soap and swish it back and forth than rinse it out. Dry it out and it's good to go.
Every 2 to 4 weeks I'll do it. After 3 months I replace it. The mask as needed. The humidifier I dry out each day. I see people worried about their own mask having germs but than go out to a fastfood place and eat food with no regard for who might of handled that food.
Go figure.
Post Reply Post Reply
A week-and-a-bit in, and I've figured I have things easy for now.
Because I use Marcalan for my nose using pillows, I wash the pillows in dishwashing liquid daily and air dry.
I haven't washed my P10 headgear or vent yet and I don't use the humidifier so that doesn't get washed, even though I keep demineralised water in there for passive humidity.
It's very dusty and salty and humid here though, so I will have to do a check of air intake etc periodically.
Post Reply Post Reply
Seems it's 'horses for courses' with this cleaning thing.  For me it depends on my skin, allergies etc.  I wash the mask in handsoap I am not allergic to (allergic to dishwashing liquids & anything not PH balanced).  After all it's against the most sensitive skin.  Have only washed the hose twice in 3 years.  Washed the filters a few times & replaced once.  Wash the headgear with the mask, depends on how hot it's been & how oily/sweaty the weather has been.  I suppose an oily skin would necessitate the mask being washed more often.  
One thing I do especially that helps me sleep well, is wipe a tiny bit of lavender oil over the intake to the filter.  Lavender oil is great aid to sleep.  OH likes it on his pillowslip - just enough for a nice perfume.  Bigwink
To each his own, when the mask starts to leak, smell, is snotty, oily etc. - wash it !! 
There has to be those folk out there who cannot manage their equipment optimally & those surely do need assistance.  When one is old and/or ill, it's not easy to 'do' for oneself, so things get dirty, standards slip & we don't see the dirt as much, often because it's just all too hard.  It's really difficult for some to look after themselves, let alone health equipment.
Manufacturers recommend, I believe, optimal care to cover themselves (fair enough) & their hosehead customers.  Somewhere less than optimal to suit the individual is perfectly okay.
G'day from Oz -  Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed S9 repairs? Cleaning? Parts? kyork 13 302 10-10-2017, 03:30 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  First week mltam 6 215 10-10-2017, 01:53 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need some advice- first week of CPAP Chicago 39 1,705 09-18-2017, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Brick Week 1 using a CPAP machine ShonaFraser 4 304 08-30-2017, 10:08 PM
Last Post: bonjour
  Cleaning Climate-control tube on ResMed Air Sense 10 GL Bishop 29 18,816 08-26-2017, 04:26 PM
Last Post: jsapper55
  One Week Check-In Esq. 7 306 08-26-2017, 08:10 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [CPAP] First week of CPAP: experience & questions sskblr 29 1,424 07-27-2017, 04:39 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last