Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

One week in...the good, the bad, the ugly
RE: One week in...the good, the bad, the ugly
Thanks for the info eseedhouse.

I am not overly concerned. I like the convenience that they can change the settings via the cell network. I just hope they call and explain what and why before they start manipulating my settings.

de Jeff WD4ET
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-11-2015, 09:53 AM)jumpinminnow Wrote: Initially my lungs kinda felt like they had a little water in them (?) but that seems to be going away. Then this morning I looked in the mirror and the dark circles/bags under my eyes are going away too.
Seems I'm on my way...

Yup - defintely seems that way.
I am also on 17 pressure, on a F&P Icon Premo (FIXED) with an Eson Nasal mask.
Took a week or so for my 'chest' to settle down and the yawning to settle down once I was getting more continuous sleep. The day time tiredness stopped after the 1st day etc.

I am going to try a Resmed Airsense 10 Auto to try and give the EPR settings a go and see if they will provide some 'exhale' pressure relief.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-11-2015, 06:58 PM)Cygnus Wrote: I am also a week in. I also notice I no longer falling asleep against my control on the drive to work or in meetings, but I am also yawning more....weird...

I'm happy with my doc who ordered an resmed air curve 10 vauto bipap. It's a great little machine with all the bells and whistles.

My top pressure is only 14, but the doc ordered the bipap because I was getting excess air in my stomach with the cpap....so much so I had to call in the sleep study technician about it.

My biggest problem has been masks. The FP simplus is nice and comfy, bu tends to leak like crazy around the eyes. The opus nasal mask is a lot more convenient and doesn't leak, but is so far very uncomfortable to wear.

I've got my events down to around 3 per hour on avg....looking forward to dialing in less than 1 per hour.

I'm on an Aircurve 10, ASV, max pressure of 14, and my Simplus not only leaks, but if I tighten it, it leaves deep marks in my face that don't completely fill out. Sad

By the way, how is the Amara View? My DME wants me to try it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 68 Yesterday, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 102 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 199 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 146 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 5 484 03-09-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: phillyfan24
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 176 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  [NEW USER] First Week - Help Getting Oriented rarmstrong26 4 202 03-05-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: rarmstrong26

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.