Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

One year and three movies later....
One year and three movies later....
I am coming up on a year now with xpap. Prior to xpap I would go to see a movie, spend my $10-$20 depending and then promptly fall asleep. It really stunk. I gave up, just couldn't do it. A week ago someone suggested we go see a film, and I was leery still having many bad memories of movies past. I must say it was the first time in a good many years I actually saw the entire film. Even the people I was with commented on my not falling asleep. They tell me i'm still a jerk, but hey at least I don't fall asleep! +1 for me. Just wanted to share some positive results with all you guys/girls for this new year.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: One year and three movies later....
I can't wait to be able to watch a movie with my wife right now before any treatment 5 min in to the film and I am asleep .
Post Reply Post Reply
Of course if it's a B rated film it's hard to keep from falling asleep
Post Reply Post Reply
Pre-therapy, I would fall asleep in the middle of a TV program a couple times a week. Now, never.

I think I have had SA for decades; I fell asleep in Star Wars. Star Wars! (in the theatre)

If you actually are a jerk (and I doubt that highly from reading your great posts) they probably want you asleep, unless snoring. Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Galactus,
Thanks for the positive post.
It's great to hear that you can now stay awake through movies, CONGRATULATIONS! on your first year of CPAPing, keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Before CPAP, I often fell asleep during movies. Had been known to fall asleep on a live rifle range too.

OMM
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats. I think ive been to maybe 12 movies at a theater in my lifetime. Never fell asleep during them. Waiting room for a Doc though I would be out like a light snoring up a storm LOL.

I dont fall asleep in the day now unless ive been up about all night and didnt get any sleep. Ive taken a nap about five times in over 3 months of pap treatment because of that.

Post Reply Post Reply
Honestly, I would think simply by having you in the group, no one would fall asleep. More so even now~!
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
I would fall asleep watching the news every evening. I would fall asleep in consultations around 4 pm. I nearly nodded off in surgery once (didn't though - training kicked in, and discretion, and I asked my junior to take over). Now I don't nod off in anything, and except recently when I started having some heart trouble, I have been fresh as daisy all day. Right now I feel as bad as I did before I started CPAP, but it is for entirely different reasons. I checked on that first thing, of course.

Didn't fall asleep during Star Wars, but I did fall asleep at the opera - on the other hand, so do most husbands when their wives drag them to it. Wagner - eugh! Overblown, bombastic and over-orchestrated. And it takes them hours to get to the point of anything - that would put the most patient man to sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-02-2015, 07:48 PM)DocWils Wrote: Overblown, bombastic and over-orchestrated. And it takes them hours to get to the point of anything - that would put the most patient man to sleep.

Opera, women, or possibly both? Dielaughing

While things are happening it's a little harder to see how badly it is taking it's toll on your life, but when you can look back, it really makes you think.

If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,628 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,481 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  It's Been Almost a Year With My aPAP, Still Need Help AP0011 2 307 01-20-2024, 03:21 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] Last year, AHI <1. This year, AHI >5. WTF? srwilsn3 14 800 12-17-2023, 11:41 AM
Last Post: srwilsn3
  Medicare cpap 5 year replacement policy Sonno 4 578 09-11-2023, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Sonno
  Help for my 8 year old! Teeleidor 7 731 08-14-2023, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Sleepy Quixote
  [Diagnosis] Question About OSA Diagnosis Criteria for 14-Year-Olds Dire 2 501 08-09-2023, 04:53 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.