Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

One year of use - Still have an AHI all over the map
RE: One year of use - Still have an AHI all over the map
Your results could stand some improvement. Your OA events are well controlled, you have some CA, but hypopnea is the most obvious problem. If you were using a BiPAP then the recommendation at this point would be to increase pressure support (IPAP), but with CPAP all you have is to increase pressure.

Your trend in pressure history is for better results with higher pressure, with your best results so far, being at 10.5, the highest pressure you have tried. I recommend continuing to increase the pressure in 0.5 cm increments and see where that takes you. If the trend for decreased AHI continues with increased pressure, just work with that until you reach the level of therapy you are comfortable with and is effective for you. Next stop is 11.0 cm.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-04-2017, 08:12 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Your results could stand some improvement.   Your OA events are well controlled, you have some CA, but hypopnea is the most obvious problem.  If you were using a BiPAP then the recommendation at this point would be to increase pressure support (IPAP), but with CPAP all you have is to increase pressure.

Your trend in pressure history is for better results with higher pressure, with your best results so far, being at 10.5, the highest pressure you have tried.  I recommend continuing to increase the pressure in 0.5 cm increments and see where that takes you.  If the trend for decreased AHI continues with increased pressure, just work with that until you reach the level of therapy you are comfortable with and is effective for you.  Next stop is 11.0 cm.

My prescription is 13cm and I have 101 days worth of data points at that level.  The average ahi at that point was 4.3 versus 10.5 where my average ahi is 3.x.

My main frustration is just how random my ahi numbers are.  For instance today it was 2.9 vs yesterday at 9.  I didn't change anything!  Also, even though my number is 2.9 I still have a bad headache.

Regarding ipap, would increasing the flex+ setting accomplish similar? I settled on 2 after experimentation, I believe I can increase it to three while upping the pressure to 11 as stated, is that analogous?
Post Reply Post Reply
Numbers are never the same from nite to nite. They always very for instance sleeping on you side versus sleeping on you backchanges things. Also head postion neck straight or if you move you chin down towards your chest.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,597 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,455 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  It's Been Almost a Year With My aPAP, Still Need Help AP0011 2 304 01-20-2024, 03:21 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] Last year, AHI <1. This year, AHI >5. WTF? srwilsn3 14 796 12-17-2023, 11:41 AM
Last Post: srwilsn3
  Medicare cpap 5 year replacement policy Sonno 4 571 09-11-2023, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Sonno
  Help for my 8 year old! Teeleidor 7 722 08-14-2023, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Sleepy Quixote
  [Diagnosis] Question About OSA Diagnosis Criteria for 14-Year-Olds Dire 2 497 08-09-2023, 04:53 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.