Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can SleepyHead Be Trusted?
RE: Can SleepyHead Be Trusted?
(11-27-2014, 06:54 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Coroboree, can you post some examples of your graphs so we can see the issue you're referring to?

As to the status of SleepyHead, it has been developed as FREEWARE by a fellow insomniac and a couple of volunteers. SH is so far ahead of the so-called professional programs (eg ResScan) that it's not funny. I'm sure JediMark would be pleased for constructive feedback, but I don't think any of us are in a position to complain if it doesn't always meet expectations.
I am not complaining, per se. I am pointing out that the menus and instructions for using SH, are incompatible with with My Mac with OS X Yosemite, and that the daily graphs do not present all the data.
I selected a file, whose name appeared in place of "No file selected" below. I clicked on Add Attachment, and it disappeared. I will try 1 more time and then post anyway.

The following, after [/quote] was posted by me, Coroboree - but you would not know that. Evidently, I don't know how to use this post system. I also added a graph "SH By Pressure" but it does not appear to be here, at least I can't see it.
As for all those who added comments about "complete data", "accurate data", etc -thanks! But for a given designed data set, there formal methods to analyze it, and to determine the confidence level of the results.
One of the deficiencies that I observe in CPAP data is that it does not reveal the stages of sleep the patient is in, although one can infer when the patient is awake. It would seem that some encephalographic signals would be beneficial to CPAP data.
As for the instruction guide to run SH, as noted elsewhere, the KB controls and pulldown menus are different on my standard Mac, whether this is because Apple made changes to the OS X Yosemite - I don't know.
As for the requests to add graphs, I tried to add a SH graph file in my documents folder, using the post attachment instruction on this post, but it did not happen - I guess I am not smart enough to do that trick.

In conclusion: Season's Greetings to all. and Sleep Well!

RE: Can SleepyHead Be Trusted?
Coroboree, I'm closing this thread. If you have questions about SleepyHead that you want answered you can ask them in the Sleepyhead thread, as you've done here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...2#pid92172
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trusted Sources for Disability Appeal PerChancetoDream 4 1,391 05-31-2023, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Screen shot of why the Garmin Pulse Ox can't be trusted Stom 3 2,740 06-20-2019, 11:12 PM
Last Post: idlewire

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.