Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Climateline hose - how long should it last?
RE: Climateline hose - how long should it last?
skram;

I have not left any part of my CPAP/APAP at home yet...but I dread the day I goof and forget something vital.

Have not yet run into an issue with a too loose connection; but I will be watching for it now.
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-05-2014, 01:21 PM)skram Wrote: I went back to the Climateline hose and so far no more popping.
There were some comments about water in the hose, but I felt it must have been completely dry as it had been disconnected for the day and I had just hooked it up.
However, I had cleaned out the connection point that morning and maybe there was still some water in the connector.

I had tried cleaning it to see if it would help restore some of the friction between it and the mask hose. I've been having issues where it would come apart during the night. It just doesn't fit as tight anymore. So I'm still thinking that it needs replacing, but for a different reason.

- Anyone else run into that issue?

I think I'll replace it for that reason and keep the current one as a backup. I believe my insurance will cover the cost completely, so that's not an issue.
(I'm all about backups now and have a full Pilairo Q mask as a backup - after having been without CPAP for 3 nights due to the nasal pillow having not made it into the case when travelling, and having horrible sleeps for those 3 nights. Taught me that if you end up needing a part on a Friday night, you are pretty much scr*w*d until Monday morning!).
Hi skram,
What I do with my hose is, at the mask end, I rub the inside of it with a soft rag and that seems to help bring the tackyness/slight stickyness out so that the end of the mask has a fermer fit inside the connector. Don't know if this will help but I thought I'd mention it, I also do that to my pillows for a better seal, along with the lanolin cream I use and it seems to help that, too. YMMV, good luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the suggestion trish6hundred, I will give that a try.
Post Reply Post Reply
Does anyone know if ResMed makes a 90 degree hard elbow that will connect to the H5i and work with the Climateline hose? You would think that a 90 degree elbow would take a lot of stress off of the hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-10-2014, 09:09 PM)Mike91326 Wrote: Does anyone know if ResMed makes a 90 degree hard elbow that will connect to the H5i and work with the Climateline hose? You would think that a 90 degree elbow would take a lot of stress off of the hose.

I had not thought of that but it is a Great Idea!!
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
One method that I read about for tightening up the hose connectors is with plastic wire ties. There is another name for them that I do not remember but I tried it and it works. One of the people on this forum posted this fix but I do not remember who.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had mine for 3 years. Mind you I only use it during the winter months than switch to a normal hose for the summer.
Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 217 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  Long story short chronic 5 355 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
Sad [Treatment] Long term user, but still tired Bleached 2 544 02-14-2024, 03:11 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 208 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Long time CPAP user, first time here. Any insight is appreciated! TwoFistedWonderBrain 7 600 02-06-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 217 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 340 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.