Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Online Ordering & Insurance?
Question 
Online Ordering & Insurance?
Does anyone have Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan?

How does it work to order supplies from an on-line DME? Do you go ahead and make the purchase and then submit a claim for reimbursement?

Lamb
To all, to each, a fair good-night,
And pleasing dreams, and slumbers light.
       Scott—Marmion. L’Envoy. To the Reader.

Diagnosed with OSA in 2014
AHI=18
Lowest SpO2: 79%
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Online Ordering & Insurance?
(11-10-2014, 07:15 PM)Lambsydoats Wrote: Does anyone have Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan?

How does it work to order supplies from an on-line DME? Do you go ahead and make the purchase and then submit a claim for reimbursement?

Lamb

Be very careful. I did that with another company, and my insurance denied my claim, because it was not an in network provider. I appealed their decision, but it took me 3 months to finally get reimbursed.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-10-2014, 07:15 PM)Lambsydoats Wrote: How does it work to order supplies from an on-line DME? Do you go ahead and make the purchase and then submit a claim for reimbursement?

Lamb
You get your supplies from the DME who supply the machines. If your insurance follow Medicare replacement schedules:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...6_Medicare

Check with your insurance, in most cases on-line purchases are not covered
Post Reply Post Reply
First you have to see if your insurance will reimburse you. If they will, then you pay out of pocket, submit the claim, and hope you get reimbursed for at least part of it. No online DME that we know of accepts insurance. It would be impossible for them to.

If you are talking about filing a claim for a machine, you will find that your reimbursement is not going to be very much. Others who have looked into it have said it was cheaper to buy outright from Supplier #2.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I recently found an online supplier that is in my insurane plan and others. Ill find the supplier and send you guys a pm.
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 221 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 253 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Medicare & Re-Ordering Supplies oneeyeopen 12 835 02-07-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,099 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Anyone Ever Had Insurance Cover Nightly Oximeter cmpman1974 35 2,792 12-12-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  Insurance Compliance and Changing My Own Pressure Brennie 3 406 11-27-2023, 10:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Wink CPAP machine and supplies? Insurance or not? Fatheaded 13 1,535 11-26-2023, 05:50 PM
Last Post: RedNailz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.