Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Online Sleep Doctors
RE: Online Sleep Doctors
First of all, thank you very much!
You rock!

And second, I got all three sizes with the P10 nasal pillows, so I'll have a couple options.
Post Reply Post Reply
I took the advice of using it while awake, and I seemed to figure out what settings felt the most comfortable except for one... The humidifier seemed a little heavy, and the heat was a little too warm on the heated hose, kind of had a dog breathing at your face effect.

I turned the "auto temp setting" to manual 65°, that seem to take the warm air out, but the humidity was still a little too much, but the option to change it disappeared, so I could only adjust the tempture of the heated hose.

I just took the dive and put it on last night, I had a very early start for work but I was going to make it happen, I ended up tossing and turning for a couple hours before falling asleep and I only got about 4 hours of actual sleep, but the AHI looks good, and the wife said I looked peaceful when I slept, which she said she never saw before (17 years)
My lungs felt a little soggy in the morning, but I did pretty good at work today figuring the lack of sleep.

My results:

Usage hours: 5:17
Events (AHI): 0.1
Mask Seal:  Smile
Humidifier:  Smile

Pressure: 10
Exp. Pressure:7.0
Leak: 12L/min
Vt: 740 ml
RR: 12
MV: 9.4L/min
Ti: 1.6s
I:E: 1:9.9
SPONT Cyc: 82.0%
AHI: 0.1
Total AI: 0.1
Central AI 0.0
Post Reply Post Reply
Congratulations on completing your first night! I love your wife's description of your sleep. The numbers you report look excellent.

I don't have a heated hose myself, so I don't know why you lost the humidity setting when you changed the temp to manual. If you turn temp off, does the humidity setting reappear? If yes, give it a try, with the humidity turned down a notch or two.

When you have a chance to get set up with Oscar, I'd like to see a daily chart in case there are some tweaks you could make to get the best sleep possible.

Now that you know you can sleep with the machine, I hope you'll be able to fall asleep more quickly. Were there particular things keeping you awake last night? And by the way, you might keep up the day/evening use for a while longer, just to continue acclimating as quickly as possible.

Small matter, but it'll help other people reading the thread: could you put your current machine and mask information in your profile?
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll update tomorrow, getting pretty tired atm.

When I connected my heated hose the humidity option disappeared...

Thanks again for the help, work will hopefully give me a day off soon so I can focus on this more
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Do Doctors Even Have Access to Flow Limits Info? paulag1955 16 694 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  Anyone interested in starting an online self-help video chat for people with SA/UARS? JamesD0079 0 345 10-26-2023, 09:56 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,361 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  Buying CPAP supplies online: who do you prefer? Hmm888 1 818 09-06-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Sleep Doctors Eatapeach 2 438 08-28-2023, 04:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.