Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Online Sleep Doctors
Online Sleep Doctors
I was wondering if I could get some recommendations for a online sleep doctor to look at my sleep study results

I was also wondering if I live in the USA can I get a sleep doctor in another country, or do I have to stay with US based ones?

Thanks again to everyone helping me out today, you are truely are a blessing!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Online Sleep Doctors
Why?  What are you looking to accomplish?

You have Severe Obstructive Sleep Apnea  41 AHI
Your apnea is significantly worse when you sleep on your left side.
You have No Central or Mixed Apnea
Your Oxygen Desat is likely not significant, but there is insufficient info in this report to conclude that either way.

We are not concerned with low O2 levels that are spikes (lows) such as your "Lowest Desat 88%"
We are concerned with durations at or below 90%, 88%, 85%, 80% We are talking multiple minutes over the night.

This is sufficient to initiate therapy with a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (recommended APAP device)

As a rule of thumb, you should keep all your therapy posts in one thread, that way there is a history.
Post Reply Post Reply
Alright, I will keep my posts in my original thread, I'm still learning about all of this so I'm not sure what to do, or how to go about any of this.

Just fishing for info to get a handle on everything, I appreciate the response, thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Which doctor was involved in ordering the diagnosis study? That's who you'd normally be dealing with.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It was from Singular Sleep, but they wanted waaay too much information from me that is not relevant to my treatment, I didn't feel comfortable with that.

Hence why I was asking, maybe a foreign entity won't be so draconian about it, or a local doctor that doesn't need every signal piece of identitfaction and a live chat all while exposing my data to third parties.
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe your primary care physician would be willing to script with the report. Your PCP should have gotten a copy, at least that's how things are with me. My PCP always gets a copy of my health info, test results, etc.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Any doctor, nurse practitioner, or dentist can write a prescription for a machine. Do ask for a scrip for a ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset machine, plus mask and other equipment per patient’s preference.

By using the Oscar software and advice from this forum, you can easily optimize your machine settings to get the treatment you obviously need. For that reason, it doesn’t really matter what settings if any the scrip specifies.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dormeo in Canada I've had doctors refuse to write scripts. For anything OSA related. That' s in 30+ years of treatment. I've had 3 sleep docs including the sleep-doc-from-h_ll for about 15 years.

In all that time, I got one script for a single mask from my family doc. I was going to travel in the US. Turns out the cpap supplier I knew wouldn't accept it because he wasn't a recognized sleep doc They sponsor an OSA forum....

Point is that things change depending on where I live.

Seems they all protect each other. Causes me lots of stress with my treatment, and that's why I advocate for myself and ask for opinions and recommendations here.

Dave
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
That's what I was hoping for, I will setup the Oscar program when I get the unit, I have some programing knowledge from learning Python, but I'm not sure how much that will help.

I have a used ResMed 10 AirCurve VAuto With Heated Humidifier coming in the mail with a P10 nasal pillows, I just need a start setting for the machine so I can start monitoring my sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Excellent machine, and a nice minimalist pillow mask. You will probably find downloading and using Oscar to be a breeze. Read through the installation/download manual first.

When your machine arrives, you'll want to enter the clinical menu by holding down the round button and the home button at the same time. Scroll down and click Restore Defaults. Check to make sure you have the right mask type set. Pick a humidity level like 2 or 3.

Then I'd recommend setting the EPAP minimum pressure to 5 and the IPAP maximum to 10, with pressure support of 3. These will almost certainly NOT be your optimal settings, but they should be reasonably comfortable and generate data that will point us in the right direction for optimizing.

Please set up the machine outside your bedroom and use it for a few hours in the daytime or evening while you're reading or watching TV -- something distracting. This will help you adapt to the new experience. You might even want to do that for several days before you try sleeping with the machine.

Do you have a fit pack for the P10 (with different sizes of pillows)? The right size isn't always the one you'd assume it is. The widest part of the pillow should sit on, not in, your nostrils.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 208 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Do Doctors Even Have Access to Flow Limits Info? paulag1955 16 697 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  Anyone interested in starting an online self-help video chat for people with SA/UARS? JamesD0079 0 346 10-26-2023, 09:56 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,362 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  Buying CPAP supplies online: who do you prefer? Hmm888 1 818 09-06-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Sleep Doctors Eatapeach 2 440 08-28-2023, 04:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.