Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Online suppliers
I am dissatisfied with my local DME and would appreciate recommendations for online suppliers who will work with Medicare and secondary insurance.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
You can check this supplier list, but it's up to you to call your insurance to see what they will cover concerning online suppliers vs your DME. Usually it's less.
Call a few suppliers to see if they work with your insurance. In most instances, they will supply the paperwork for you to submit to your insurance.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

OpalRose
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

How to Organize and Post ScreenShots

http://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
You can go to medicare.gov and search for providers based on your zip code.
I just did that yesterday because my DME is no longer a medicare provider.
So, I'm looking for a new one. I've called one; and got an attitude of:
"We'll take you, but you have to get X,Y,Z, and T for us."
No one is eager to accept the new Medicare reimbursement rates.

You should write to your member of Congress and the HHS secretary and thank them for messing up Medicare!
You might even call the Whitehouse and complain -- 202-456-1414.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

When I looked into switching, they just wanted a copy of my sleep report. Why on earth they wanted it, I don't know. I decided to not switch so didn't pursue it.

Medicare and online suppliers do not mix.
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-21-2016, 04:26 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Medicare and online suppliers do not mix.

And yet Medicare is pushing toward mail order programs.
Post Reply Post Reply
Medicare DME's use the Medicare web page and insert your zip code
https://www.medicare.gov/supplierdirectory/search.html
For free Medicare assistance for your state check out this page. http://www.seniorsresourceguide.com/dire...onal/SHIP/
or here http://www.medicareinteractive.org/
Post Reply Post Reply

(07-21-2016, 05:00 PM)justMongo Wrote:
(07-21-2016, 04:26 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Medicare and online suppliers do not mix.

And yet Medicare is pushing toward mail order programs.

Their own that they have convoluted contracts with. And mail order is not the same as online suppliers. They keep pushing me to get my medications through CVS mail order vs my small independent local pharmacy (which is cheaper). Mail order seems to be more of "auto refill" than "shop online" thing. Irritates the carp out of me.
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
You have Caremark? I thought they were bought out.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the input everyone. I really appreciate it.
Post Reply Post Reply

(07-21-2016, 01:32 PM)clipper Wrote: I am dissatisfied with my local DME and would appreciate recommendations for online suppliers who will work with Medicare and secondary insurance.
Thanks

You have probably figured this out already, but few online suppliers will deal with insurance and I don't think any are approved Medicare suppliers. That is why they can offer less expensive pricing - they don't have to pay for an employee to handle insurance claims - they will provide you forms that you can put in for reimbursement, but Medicare doesn't reimburse.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] The Risks of Buying from an online supplier justMongo 5 246 07-07-2017, 09:16 AM
Last Post: justMongo
Question [CPAP] To buy CPAP online, living in Sydney Australia kamran.zafar 6 349 05-23-2017, 11:33 PM
Last Post: kamran.zafar
  No return from online suppliers CPAPreturnee 6 285 05-10-2017, 12:05 AM
Last Post: chill
  Best Online sites to order masks sleepytimegal 8 474 05-06-2017, 12:52 AM
Last Post: CrazyDreamer
  On Line suppliers and Insurance Melman 6 425 04-16-2017, 11:25 AM
Last Post: KCFLY
  Suppliers macheta 3 281 03-05-2017, 05:41 PM
Last Post: macheta
  Buying online Trickey280 12 639 02-07-2017, 10:20 AM
Last Post: KSMatthew