Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Online suppliers
Online suppliers
I am dissatisfied with my local DME and would appreciate recommendations for online suppliers who will work with Medicare and secondary insurance.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Online suppliers
You can check this supplier list, but it's up to you to call your insurance to see what they will cover concerning online suppliers vs your DME. Usually it's less.
Call a few suppliers to see if they work with your insurance. In most instances, they will supply the paperwork for you to submit to your insurance.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can go to medicare.gov and search for providers based on your zip code.
I just did that yesterday because my DME is no longer a medicare provider.
So, I'm looking for a new one. I've called one; and got an attitude of:
"We'll take you, but you have to get X,Y,Z, and T for us."
No one is eager to accept the new Medicare reimbursement rates.

You should write to your member of Congress and the HHS secretary and thank them for messing up Medicare!
You might even call the Whitehouse and complain -- 202-456-1414.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
When I looked into switching, they just wanted a copy of my sleep report. Why on earth they wanted it, I don't know. I decided to not switch so didn't pursue it.

Medicare and online suppliers do not mix.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-21-2016, 04:26 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Medicare and online suppliers do not mix.

And yet Medicare is pushing toward mail order programs.
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Medicare DME's use the Medicare web page and insert your zip code
https://www.medicare.gov/supplierdirectory/search.html
For free Medicare assistance for your state check out this page. http://www.seniorsresourceguide.com/dire...onal/SHIP/
or here http://www.medicareinteractive.org/
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-21-2016, 05:00 PM)justMongo Wrote:
(07-21-2016, 04:26 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Medicare and online suppliers do not mix.

And yet Medicare is pushing toward mail order programs.

Their own that they have convoluted contracts with. And mail order is not the same as online suppliers. They keep pushing me to get my medications through CVS mail order vs my small independent local pharmacy (which is cheaper). Mail order seems to be more of "auto refill" than "shop online" thing. Irritates the carp out of me.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
You have Caremark? I thought they were bought out.
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the input everyone. I really appreciate it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-21-2016, 01:32 PM)clipper Wrote: I am dissatisfied with my local DME and would appreciate recommendations for online suppliers who will work with Medicare and secondary insurance.
Thanks

You have probably figured this out already, but few online suppliers will deal with insurance and I don't think any are approved Medicare suppliers. That is why they can offer less expensive pricing - they don't have to pay for an employee to handle insurance claims - they will provide you forms that you can put in for reimbursement, but Medicare doesn't reimburse.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recommendations for national suppliers? HenryBowman 2 389 01-04-2024, 09:51 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Anyone interested in starting an online self-help video chat for people with SA/UARS? JamesD0079 0 345 10-26-2023, 09:56 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Buying CPAP supplies online: who do you prefer? Hmm888 1 818 09-06-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  best canadian online cpap stores? is cpap outlet legit ? michelbeaini 1 1,188 07-03-2023, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Airsense 10 with modem safe from suppliers? HappySailor 3 766 07-02-2023, 12:54 AM
Last Post: HappySailor
  Online sleep physicians who use OSCAR ? stevelk9999 19 1,727 06-13-2023, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Buying ASV online without a prescription books456 19 1,982 05-31-2023, 09:58 PM
Last Post: DevinJones

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.