Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Ontario Suppliers
RE: Ontario Suppliers
Medigas, vitalaire, motion specialties. Proresp, and Medelife
Post Reply Post Reply
Anyone dealt with CPAPSupply? They are Canadian, not sure what province. Prices seem good. They have an insurance policy you can buy when you buy a mask in case you think you may need to return it, otherwise no returns. They ship out Canada Post Expedited, so it sounds like items would be received quickly.

I have not bought from them but am considering it as I need to buy and receive a mask quickly to go with the CPAP Machine startup package I will be purchasing hopefully today after I sort out how the original DME is trying to screw me over for extra moolah.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
CPAP Clinic - one of the few Canadian suppliers to actually have pricing right on their website.
I turned to them when my previous DME told me that even that DreamStation is ADP approved, it's not approved yet by their head office so, they not only don't have any in stock but are unable to order any until who knows when... Well, too bad. They lost a customer.
With my prescription for an APAP, I walked out of them, called CPAP Clinic - I've seen a day or so ago that their website showed DreamStation CPAP as "in stock" but there was no mention of the Auto version. Well, the call revealed that they have them in stock. An hour or so later, I walked out with DreamStation Auto c/w heated tube. Also, without any hassle they respected ADP pricing. To top it off, their brick and mortar store in Mississauga has a nice display of various supplies and keep variety of items / options in stock. Got myself a decent chinstrap for a decent price.
All in all, it was a pleasure dealing with them and no hassle transaction.The approach of no pushing the stuff with the highest profit margin was nice. Heck, they haven't even try to upsell on the mask! The overall experience was truly refreshing!
Post Reply Post Reply
Good to know! Mississauga is not that far for me. Just have to worry about traffic crossing T.O. I will definitely keep them in mind for next time.

I ended up buying from Supplier #18 timed so that I would receive the mask shortly after I arrived down in Florida. Much to my surprise they were 2 days early and I received it the day I arrived! They were great to deal with and on some items their online price is MORE than the phone in price. Really? Seems backwards to me, but heck, I phoned in and saved $6 USD. Unfortunately we submitted this to our insurance and were reimbursed for the exact amount but in Cdn dollars, so got taken for almost 40%! We're going to phone them to see if they'll fix that, but I'm guessing not.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post Reply Post Reply
Since this thread has resurfaced, I'm going to give an update to the list, someone else pointed out Cpap Clinic in Vaugh. They're awesome. Check out their website, and start a web chat with their customer service - they'll link you through to the online pricing for everything you're interested in. Awesome service, prices are amazing, and they're full service - they will even arrange someone to come out to get you set up if you need it. They work through OHIP and ADP, so if you're getting a new machine, or first machine, they have you covered.
Post Reply Post Reply
Some great information in this thread. I was *just* diagnosed with fairly severe sleep apnea and told to get a CPAP machine immediately... as in walk out of the doctor's office and walk straight into a supplier to get a machine that same day. I'm always suspicious of advice to "ACT NOW", and hate making such significant decisions without doing any research.

Just getting up to speed with Ontario's ADP (still not sure what the requirements are to qualify), my private insurer's coverage, and what I have to know about this several hundred (thousand?) dollar machine and apparatus I'm supposed to use every night. To be honest, it was quite a surprise to be diagnosed with sleep apnea. I did a sleep study about 12 years ago for insomnia and they found no sleep apnea at that time, so I really wasn't expecting it this time.

Anyway, that's off topic. Thanks for all the supplier pointers, I will check a few out and hope like hell that I get a respiratory therapist who has my interests at heart when suggesting equipment!
Post Reply Post Reply
Just to follow up with my experience...

Based on suggestions here, I went to CPAP Clinic in Vaughan. I had a great experience with them. Service was excellent (I dealt with Juli, a RT), and I always felt like I was getting straight talk which was consistent with what I've read here.

I had a "trial prescription" from my sleep doctor (it took some convincing to get him to give me a trial script) and CPAP Clinic let me keep the trial unit until I got the results from my titration study and knew what type of machine I needed. Also was able to try out some different masks, and was able to email the sleep data to Juli for analysis so she could let me know if things looked ok and address any issues I had with adjusting to the therapy. (I haven't started using software to do my own analysis yet.)

I just purchased a data-capable CPAP from them at the ADP approved price, no hassle or run around, and they are facilitating completion of the ADP forms. As far as extra/upgraded equipment, some of their prices are good (for Ontario, I mean), and some products you can find for less elsewhere. I believe they do have a price match policy, but I didn't try to apply it. Since I am just getting started in this wonderful world of sleep apnea and CPAPs, I was happy with the great service and was ok paying a *bit* more for some of the extra equipment... this time!
Post Reply Post Reply
That good to hear about CPAP Clinic. So nuggie, why did you want to purchase right away as opposed to using a trial (free) unit first which allows you to evaluate the one you are using while you shop around and look at different machines from different manufacturers to decide which you'd prefer? Did you get a prescription for an APAP or did you end up getting straight CPAP? Hope if it's the latter, you at least got the Elite which is fully data capable?

Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed F10 mask
New to board.....On CPAP for 1 year.  Dont really know where this belongs, but if you are Canadian and (like me) are quite satisfied with the Resmed f10 mask,
they are now selling in Ontario at as low as $125.00 CDN, shipping included.  Supplier is not on list.  I do not know to have CDN suppliers added  to list.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed F10 mask
You can name the vendor as long as you don't include a link to their site. People mention amazon, for example, frequently in the forum.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  European Suppliers madelt 2 978 03-14-2023, 08:40 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.