Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Humidity
Humidity
my system one heated humidifier does not seem to be providing the humidity that it used to --- I have it set to the max 5 and still really dry mouth.

The heater element is working - at least it is warm - bu on setting 5 it used to leave droplets in the tube now nothing.

any ideas?

Would the white filter missing make a difference?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Humidity
Hi oldmatelot,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I'm not sure why that would be but hang in there and someone will be able to answer your question, soon.
Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
How much water is your humidifier using each night? Is it using less water than it was?

Is your bedroom getting warmer? (Did you start CPAP in the dead of winter?) You don't want water droplets in the tubing, which is a loss of humidification called rainout. Warm air holds more water vapor than cool air. The filters won't make a difference.

You might need a hose cover or a heated hose. Both help to improve humidification and prevent rainout by keeping the air in the hose warm.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2013, 01:40 PM)oldmatelot Wrote: my system one heated humidifier does not seem to be providing the humidity that it used to --- I have it set to the max 5 and still really dry mouth.

The heater element is working - at least it is warm - bu on setting 5 it used to leave droplets in the tube now nothing.

any ideas?

Would the white filter missing make a difference?

Thanks
Your machine uses washable/reusable grey foam filter and a white disposable ultra-fine filter
You must at least use the grey reusable filter, the white filter screen finer particles

Water droplets in the hose is called "rainout"
Rainout is when start getting water in your hose. It's caused by the steamy air coming from the humidifier at a higher temperature than the surrounding room air, so it cools on the way to the mask

1- People use a heated hose or hose cover to help resolve this problem
2- Placing the machine lower than the bed
3- Turn the heater on the humidifier down so that it is closer to room temperature

The clinical manual of your machine is available via email, scroll down to "how to ask for a manual via email"
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

PR System One : http://www.apneaboard.com/pr-system-one-...structions

Post Reply Post Reply
set on 5 it is now using about one twentieth of what it used to use on setting 3 -- have it set on 5 now to try and get as much as I can but dont think I am getting any humidity.
Have been on it for about a year now and only a problem in the last few weeks - used setting 3 and all was fine.\

No rainout now -- I just tried it to see months ago to see the humidity on 5

Post Reply Post Reply
The machine has a humidity sensor in it. When the air in your bedroom is more humid your machine won't add as much moisture to it so it uses less water.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep. The other night it was raining like mad. The next morning, it was as if I'd not used a drop of water in the tub. That's how I know it is time to turn it off in the summer. Then I just turn off the humidifier and use it in passive mode (water in the tank but no heat).
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have stopped using the H5i humidifier this week. If I take an 8 hour nap it's out of water and even turned up to 6 with ClimateLine hose I am still getting a dry mouth, and then I still would have hose moisture build up on cold nights!

This called for radical action!
I got in the Hybernite heated hose that has stopped the condensation. I disconnected the H5i and plugged a F&P HC150
for humidification.
The HC150 holds a good 500ml of water. After 8 hours it is still 1/3 full. I can turn it up to 3 (on a scale of 1-4)
and the dry mouth condition is gone.
A quick check of the water temperature shows 117 F. Looks like it has a decent heater.

The entire system is quite hideous looking but it WORKS.
I like things that work right.

=^.^=

"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-30-2013, 08:07 PM)Shastzi Wrote: I got in the Hybernite heated hose that has stopped the condensation. I disconnected the H5i and plugged a F&P HC150
for humidification.
The HC150 holds a good 500ml of water. After 8 hours it is still 1/3 full. I can turn it up to 3 (on a scale of 1-4)
and the dry mouth condition is gone.
A quick check of the water temperature shows 117 F. Looks like it has a decent heater.

I take it the CA detection, pressure response and everything work properly? No screwy data?

I've been looking for a way to get more humidity for a longer period of time...if that's working, I'll be placing a couple of orders! Grin

Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
No screwy data. Nope. I now have an ugly machine with long range tanks though! Big Grin

Shop around and you can find the HC150 for about $150 and the Hybernite hose for $50
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  humidity level frustration sleepingbetterinFl 2 155 03-08-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] DreamStation Humidity Issue bry248 14 9,161 01-20-2024, 02:59 AM
Last Post: jimbob123
Gross [Equipment] HELP! Heat & Humidity settings are Choking Me! James87 3 372 12-21-2023, 11:00 AM
Last Post: James87
  AirSense 10 and Humidity Setting Columbiabill 16 2,996 12-12-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  AirSense11 - How to increase humidity BlueSky1958 8 672 10-22-2023, 07:13 PM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  Desperate for Humidity level help please luigi28me 4 649 09-24-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: Lucky7
  [Equipment] Locked Humidity controls JRT2361 1 441 09-06-2023, 07:51 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.