Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Open Full Face Masks like Amara View
Open Full Face Masks like Amara View
I'm struggling to find the right mask for me.  I've tried the Simplus Full Face and the F20 and no matter what I tried I could not get the leaks down (I averaged 99% in a large leak).

I tried the Amara View and I started at 60% time in a large leak and now by continually adjusting it I am down to about 30%.

I would like to try a few other masks that are similar such as the F30 and the Dreamwear Full Face.

Other than just buying each mask and seeing what works best for me is there any way to determine which may be better for me?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Open Full Face Masks like Amara View
It may be an issue of sizing and/or adjustments. You can google each of the masks you've tried and find the manufacturer's printable sizing template. I suggest you try that and make sure you've beeen given the right size. I also suggest you read the mask primer (link below) if you haven't already. Finding the right mask can be challenging. I hope you can resove your issues. Unfortunately, we are all different, so no one can tell you which is best for you. I find the F20 to be the best I've ever used. The AmaraView didn't work well for me but others love it.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Some places let you buy them with a 30 day return policy. If you don't like it you can exchange for another type. I have tried all that you mentioned and I am using the F30 with great success and comfort but every person is different.

car54
Post Reply Post Reply
The Mask Primer does have sizing guides for a lot of masks
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-18-2019, 07:09 PM)car54 Wrote: Some places let you buy them with a 30 day return policy. If you don't like it you can exchange for another type. I have tried all that you mentioned and I am using the F30 with great success and comfort but every person is different.

car54

What has your experience with it been? I just had an F30 ordered for me to replace my current nasal pillow-only mask. I'm a mouthbreather and the chinstrap does not work out for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed AirFit F30 mask here. Proper tightening is crucial for good results.

I'm also a mouth-breather as well as a side sleeper.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-18-2019, 09:03 PM)Big Guy Wrote: ResMed AirFit F30 mask here. Proper tightening is crucial for good results.

Also a (mostly) side sleeper. Proper tightening as in, not a death grip, but not so loose where lying on your side will push the mask askew?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-18-2019, 09:43 PM)spittingglass Wrote:
(07-18-2019, 09:03 PM)Big Guy Wrote: ResMed AirFit F30 mask here. Proper tightening is crucial for good results.

Also a (mostly) side sleeper. Proper tightening as in, not a death grip, but not so loose where lying on your side will push the mask askew?

Me? Myself? I prefer my mask to be a bit on the tight side, as opposed to a bit on the loose. Even being a bit tight, I still find that it will move around during the night and I have to readjust. I do that and fall right back to sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-18-2019, 09:51 PM)Big Guy Wrote:
(07-18-2019, 09:43 PM)spittingglass Wrote:

Me? Myself? I prefer my mask to be a bit on the tight side, as opposed to a bit on the loose. Even being a bit tight, I still find that it will move around during the night and I have to readjust. I do that and fall right back to sleep.

Thanks for the insight. I'll take that into consideration when my F30 comes in. I'm sure it'll be a large adjustment from my nasal pillow-only mask anyway, but that's good information to have.
Post Reply Post Reply
I started SA therapy off with an AirFit F20. I did well with it. Once the F30 hit the market, I was curious, so I got one. I like it a tad bit better, as it's not as intrusive. 

Both masks work well for me. I suppose I will rotate them occasionally every now & then. I've been very lucky since having started my SA therapy. No real issue and / or problems. I'm will aware of that and I don't take it for granted. 

That, and the fact, that this forum and it's members simply rock! What a great source of knowledge, information, and support. 

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 511 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,075 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,579 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  [Diagnosis] ATRIAL FIBRILLATION - CONTRARIAN VIEW? srlevine1 9 348 03-05-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 341 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 693 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 394 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.