Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Open Source FORTAN Compiler
I'm looking for an open source FORTRAN compiler/linker to produce code that will run under Windows... 32 bit or 64 bit.

(Since MS gutted the 16 bit part of the OS from Win7 64 bit.)

Any suggestions?
This Veteran is medicated for your protection.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-12-2014, 07:06 AM)justMongo Wrote: I'm looking for an open source FORTRAN compiler/linker to produce code that will run under Windows... 32 bit or 64 bit.

(Since MS gutted the 16 bit part of the OS from Win7 64 bit.)

Any suggestions?

Hi Mongo,
You might try looking at the GNU Fortran. It mentions support on Windows, Mac and Linux. Check at gcc.gnu.org/fortran/. The folks at the GNU Foundation have built a series of language systems that use front-end translators to pre-process several languages for a core compiler, then run-time libraries as needed.

Hope you find what you need.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Becker 4-4 Alpha. That will do the job for me very nicely.
Post Reply Post Reply

Are you telling me FORTRAN is still around???? This I programming language that I learned in 1968 during my senior year in college; and which I've forgotten everything I ever knew. oldman
Post Reply Post Reply
Alive and well. I know other languages; but for scientific programming, I still fall-back to FORTRAN.
Some of my codes were written in FORTRAN in the 60's by NASA and NRL. I have modified them for simulations.
Post Reply Post Reply
Jeez. I haven't seen FORTRAN since the 1970's. I thought I was mired in the stone age because my strongest language is 'C' and I always struggle a bit reading C++. I've never spent the half-dozen years becoming Java guru, either.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Open Source Developers iSnore 2 578 05-12-2015, 04:01 PM
Last Post: AlanE
Question MS Office -- cannot open older files justMongo 11 2,299 11-22-2014, 12:17 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [News] Coffee is number one source of antioxidants SuperSleeper 16 3,408 04-23-2014, 12:28 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Australian (Swiss) open tennis men final 2014 zonk 13 2,569 01-26-2014, 05:16 PM
Last Post: zonk