Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Open box Air Curve VAUTO on Fresno CA CL for $285
Open box Air Curve VAUTO on Fresno CA CL for $285
Low price seems incredible for a new machine, if it is new.

I visit that CL looking for the right deal, overall, on another AirSense Autoset and don't know that such a machine would be beneficial for my dominant and controlled OSA with AHI regularly below 0.6. My thought is others need it more.

I hope I am not breaking a rule with this post, just want to pass this on for whatever its worth.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Open box Air Curve VAUTO on Fresno CA CL for $285
It's being sold under the title "CPAP TRAVEL KIT" It appears the seller has no clue what they have, although they list it as open box and unused. If I was in the central valley from Sacramento to Bakersfield, or the Bay area, I would try to get this, but would be reluctant to do a remote transaction.

The only way you could have a rule infraction on the forum would be to include the link to this sale. No problem posting it, but deals like this are best to place in the commercial posts area.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for guidance SR, I know where to post such notice next time and appreciate your buying precautions.

I called seller Tuesday and found that the VAUTO had been sold. It probably was a great deal, but for the unit represented as new and "open box", the seller said he "didn't need it anymore; he volunteered he paid $700 for it, which seemed low--but what do I know. My guess is many buyers are unaware of internal clocks so sellers can exploit that. In the unlikely event another such deal arises, I have seen posts indicating the VAUTO can be set same as S10 Autoset, which I didn't know.

Please help me with these 3 questions:

Can the ResMed hour meters be reset apart from the factory? I think posts generally indicate no. Can non-ResMed refurbishers (other than Second Wind) set to zero, if they do?

Did I blow a buying opportunity to deal with my continued snoring that produces so many spikes in the FR curve with large and, seemingly, small snores? (Using curves from the X16-1D 3-axis accelerometer data I see position shifts coinciding with almost every FR spike; with 100% x 1.0 g as a base, the accelerations --of my unknown of head mass+--at the front of my headband range from 70 to 150% x g. Some of the motion plots in a night indicate one or more motions--ignoring the many smaller ones--approach the level of that from sitting up in or on the edge of the bed.) With the VAUTO I could have tried upping inhale pressure and relieved exhale pressure accordingly--dropped it more than my present EPR of 3. Present sleep quality is much improved with my Period AHI's of  12, 6, 3 and 1 month of 0.6, 0.5, 0.2, 0.2, but I bet rest would be much better if I reduced my snore spikes that come every 5-10 minutes, those rise above quite persistent low and low-high-low FL rashes. (My 95% Pressure stays near  12 cm. with peaks seldom above 14 cm.)

Would there be any drawback in my buying the For Her autoset, given my low AHI and general satisfaction with the S10?--again with many thanks to AB for those results. I want another backup (a third blower) as one S10 nears 9000 hours and I keep one in a "go" bag. There's a For Her nearby, that lacks a tank. Are S10 and Her tanks and hose connections the same? 

Thanks for looking at this. Any answers or suggestions will be appreciated.

2SB
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-05-2018, 05:39 AM)2SleepBetta Wrote: Thanks for guidance SR, I know where to post such notice next time and appreciate your buying precautions.

I called seller Tuesday and found that the VAUTO had been sold. It probably was a great deal, but for the unit represented as new and "open box", the seller said he "didn't need it anymore; he volunteered he paid $700 for it, which seemed low--but what do I know. My guess is many buyers are unaware of internal clocks so sellers can exploit that. In the unlikely event another such deal arises, I have seen posts indicating the VAUTO can be set same as S10 Autoset, which I didn't know.

Please help me with these 3 questions:

Can the ResMed hour meters be reset apart from the factory? I think posts generally indicate no. Can non-ResMed refurbishers (other than Second Wind) set to zero, if they do?
As far as I know, the machine run hours can only be reset at the factory, and possibly at a repair facility. DMEs and individuals do not have the capability.

Quote:Did I blow a buying opportunity to deal with my continued snoring that produces so many spikes in the FR curve with large and, seemingly, small snores? (Using curves from the X16-1D 3-axis accelerometer data I see position shifts coinciding with almost every FR spike; with 100% x 1.0 g as a base, the accelerations --of my unknown of head mass+--at the front of my headband range from 70 to 150% x g. Some of the motion plots in a night indicate one or more motions--ignoring the many smaller ones--approach the level of that from sitting up in or on the edge of the bed.) With the VAUTO I could have tried upping inhale pressure and relieved exhale pressure accordingly--dropped it more than my present EPR of 3. Present sleep quality is much improved with my Period AHI's of  12, 6, 3 and 1 month of 0.6, 0.5, 0.2, 0.2, but I bet rest would be much better if I reduced my snore spikes that come every 5-10 minutes, those rise above quite persistent low and low-high-low FL rashes. (My 95% Pressure stays near  12 cm. with peaks seldom above 14 cm.)
Perhaps, but deals come up from time to time, and as you found, a quick phone call can usually suffice to verify authenticity and facts. I don' see a lot of fraud in CPAP resales. As long as pressure support does not cause centrals, it is the most effective means to treat secondary obstruction or upper airway resistance, including snoring, flow limitations, nasal obstruction and can improve tidal volume.

Quote:Would there be any drawback in my buying the For Her autoset, given my low AHI and general satisfaction with the S10?--again with many thanks to AB for those results. I want another backup (a third blower) as one S10 nears 9000 hours and I keep one in a "go" bag. There's a For Her nearby, that lacks a tank. Are S10 and Her tanks and hose connections the same? 
No drawback or advantage. The therapy will be the same.

Quote:Thanks for looking at this. Any answers or suggestions will be appreciated.

2SB
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.