Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Open mouth last few nights
Open mouth last few nights
I noticed once or twice a few nights ago, that I woke up and my mouth had been open.   I restarted on cpap about a month ago, and don't think this has been ongoing the whole time.  At least I hope not.

I rinsed my sinuses out yesterday, in the hopes that it was just my sinuses being clogged.

Last night I woke up at least 2 times with my mouth open.  I closed it.   Then the 3rd time at around 3:30pm, I tried turning off EPR, to see if that would help.  I think in my sleepy state, I thought maybe I was having a hard time breathing in, and turning off EPR might help.   (my EPR was set at 3, Full).  Pressure seemed higher.  Not sure if it really helped.

Is there any way to tell from my chart how often I'm opening my mouth?  It doesn't seem like Leak Rate is capturing it.

Any suggestions?

[Image: TmnlLll.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Open mouth last few nights
Looks like more mask leaks than mouth leaks. But nothing bad.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-26-2017, 02:01 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Looks like more mask leaks than mouth leaks. But nothing bad.

No..the problem is...I know I actually opened my mouth a few times.  I woke up.  Just wondering why I don't see it, except for the gap when I turned off the CPAP to change settings?
Post Reply Post Reply
Turning off EPR increase flow limitations, and increased pressure...no benefits there. I would go back to old settings and try a soft cervical collar to gently nudge the jaw closed. It's usually enough.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-26-2017, 02:46 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Turning off EPR increase flow limitations, and increased pressure...no benefits there.  I would go back to old settings and try a soft cervical collar to gently nudge the jaw closed.  It's usually enough.

ok..I have a full face mask too.  A F&P Simplex.  I don't really like it though.  I guess that's an option if it becomes a problem.

I'll try a few more nights and see if it's becoming a problem.     For me it's the feeling of not being able to breath in enough, I think, so my mouth opens.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 358 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 309 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 248 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 211 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,075 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
  Choosing Apnea Mouth Guard newtothis1 9 799 03-08-2024, 09:52 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.