Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Opening mouth with P10?
RE: Opening mouth with P10?
I think you would be seeing Large Leak flags on your Oscar charts if you were having leaks that interfered with your therapy. I get a dry mouth with even intermittent and low leaks, so dry mouth does not necessarily mean you're having a leak problem. It sounds as though you're doing well with the P10, so just keep on keeping on.

I don't know why your RT thinks she needs more data before recommending new settings. If you want to wait for her to advise you, that's fine, but you could try making some changes yourself. You need more pressure to address hypopneas, given that you are already using a flex level of 2. I would suggest moving to auto-adjusting mode, raising your minimum a little (e.g., to 9), and setting your maximum 12. After a few nights of data, it should be possible to see what further adjustments might help.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’ve been itching to do the changes myself, believe me. I figured I would be good for a little. Until I get her recommendations. I used to tweak those settings a few years back when I used to use my machine. 

I definitely have been wanting to change it to a 9 to start. A higher upper limit I am not sure about yet. My therapist had mentioned a few years back it looks like my body prefers the fixed pressure. When I started back again a few weeks back it was actually at 8-12. Seems like I have a lot of the central apnea stuff if I let the pressures get too high.  When I changed it to fixed again the way she thought my system was set at (in her system she thought I was a fixed 8) it seemed to go better. At least initially (down to 3 etc) but numbers have been going up again lately.  Better than my original 15, but still not what I want to see. ?

I thought about a fixed 9 to start or maybe 9-10 to see
Post Reply Post Reply
Sure, you could keep the range tight and see how it goes.
Post Reply Post Reply
To edit your profile, click on the UserCP in the upper right of ever page.  Proceed on the left column down to Your Profile ⇾ Edit Profile.

Since I'm in such a good mood, I have provided a quick link to this section. Smile   [Quick link to your profile edit section]

Study this.  There will be a written test latter.   Whistle

As far as the F&P mask, I would go with the newer designed Vitera.  I term it the next generation of the Simplus.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-10-2022, 10:08 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I have successfully used little O-rings under the nasal pillow to provide additional tension.  This provided a substantial longer useful life of the pillow.

That sure rattled my brain.  "Little O-rings on a pillow"?  However, I fear that mentioning it might take this thread significantly off-course.  That's the first though that I heard something like that.  I'd be too afraid of inhaling anything like that but you've probably figured it all out.  With gentle daily washing, I find that P10 pillows can easily last a year.

In regards to the subject of a p10 fit in general, I find the pillows do seem to have wobble to them.  I've always wondered about going to a slightly larger nasal mask without the pillows.  I suspect there are lots of mouth breathers that still use the p10 mask and deal with their mouths separately, via chinstraps, tape, etc.  The lightweight nature of the p10 is legendary.

I find it strange that ResMed doesn't offer replacement pillows in 6 or 12-packs, along with some volume pricing.  But maybe they do but it's only accessible by DMEs.  That would be a good consumable, especially for users like me that don't have insurance coverage.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your help with the profile. Seems like the profile stuff doesn’t work the greatest on phone. I did not see the stuff you were mentioning initially on the phone while in portrait mode. Once you telling me it was there though, I rotated the phone landscape and it worked. Guess this is one of the sites that may not be completely phone friendly. ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Speaking of the P10 that I am trying. Are the pillows supposed to go in the nostrils? I thought I saw someone say they just did right at the bottom? Am I wrong? I always try to put them in my nose, but sometimes the airflow doesn’t seem quite right (pointing more towards the side or something?). Any tips here?

I certainly want to make this mask work.  You are right that it is just so lightweight as me all. Love that vs the other masks I’ve tried in the past.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-10-2022, 03:07 PM)rogerncormier74 Wrote:  Are the pillows supposed to go in the nostrils?

No.

If I'm not mistaken, with a leak rate approaching 50 at times, that does seem a little high.  I think I'm at about 35 with my p10 at a pressure of about 8.  If your p10 was purchased a long time ago, they've nicely updated the headgear to be much more supportive in my opinion.
Post Reply Post Reply
How are the p10s updated? Do the straps look any different than they did before?

Would I be able to see an example of your stats as a comparison. I am at a 8 also, so would be interested to see what I’d be cooking for. 

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
rogerncormier74 thanks for asking your question. I've learned a lot from the responses here.

Thanks everyone.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 41 Yesterday, 06:41 AM
Last Post: LaraM
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 388 03-27-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 320 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 243 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,082 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
  Choosing Apnea Mouth Guard newtothis1 9 812 03-08-2024, 09:52 PM
  Dry mouth even using mouth tape Wcsleep 8 1,171 03-08-2024, 09:37 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.