Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Operations and Sleep Apnea?
RE: Operations and Sleep Apnea?
Hey ShelaghDB, it sounds like you've had a rough year so far...and it just started! I sure hope it gets better for you and your husband!
I know it is frustrating, but sometimes people just do not respond well to being put under and sometimes it is a physical thing, sometimes it is just a bad day for it! There is really no telling, and I'm sure the doctor may have been covering his behind because if it was in fact caused by the OSA and they did not use the machine your husband brought, then it would be on them. But it could be any number of things or combination of things. Time to move past it and let it go. Your hubby is home, feeling better with a new lease on life!
You've got the machine you've got. Guess what? You are not alone. My first machine was a brick that makes yours look like a top of the line machine! I used it, and then didn't use it, for a number of years. It is now in the top of my closet and I still have unopened supplied for it so I can use it in an emergency. But through that I learned, I saved up my money and I bought what I needed to make my therapy a success. It is not a huge deal if you have to start out with less than the best. Many of us do. Just make the best of it and don't get discouraged like I did! Nothing changed except that my health deteriorated just a bit more by not using the machine for a couple of years. I got back on it after a nurse yelled at me, and realized that if I was going to make this permanent, I was going to have to get a better machine, so I did. It took me time, but I did and I don't regret it at all!
I'm glad you guys are stopping the cigs. Been down that road myself and is is not an easy thing to do, but worth the effort! If you keep putting that money you would be using for cigs in a jar every day, in no time at all you'll be able to afford a better machine! LOL!
Best of luck to you and your husband!
Mike
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 227 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 349 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 609 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 287 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 74 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Dental appliance for sleep apnea???? mrpat 4 124 03-23-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: mrpat
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 551 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.