Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Opinionated hosehead crashes into Apnea Board
Grin Actually, it's your 6th post.

Welcome
OpalRose
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

How to Organize and Post ScreenShots

http://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-04-2015, 07:46 AM)GregLawson Wrote: Thank you for your posts. By your example you have shown another answer to the dilemma addressed in my propose signature, fast, vague (and short!) responses can be used as an alternative to my framing of fast and stupid responses. I've long had a visceral dislike of vague writing, but you've shown me that they can be kind and thoughtful (at least as openings for deeper conversations).
Of course short, vague posts will get me to my goal of 8 posts faster.
I have an irrational fondness for this forum, perhaps it will pass in time. Maybe it's the relative lack of trolls. And that can't be coincidental, it must be those saintly volunteer moderators. How much do I exaggerate for humorous effect, how much do I speak the truth? Another signal to noise issue to ponder.

* DariaVader wondering whether to feel insulted or flattered....

I also do not care overly much for vague, but as you alluded to - it does serve as an opening for deeper conversation when your knowledge bank is low, and when beginning with the more precise approach may be interpreted as abrupt or worse Bigwink
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum
Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-03-2015, 07:33 PM)GPSMapNut Wrote: Well, you could help me come up with a good pet name for my mask. I used to call it an "Elephant Trunk". Now, I'm using DreamWear which has hose connection on top of the head.

I just got my Dreamwear today and I'm calling it the Sophisticated Alien.
Post Reply Post Reply

(12-04-2015, 09:11 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Grin Actually, it's your 6th post.

Welcome
And when I tried to make my 7th post on the story of my life (with apnea) I got "As a brand new member, you cannot post more because you've already used up your allocated new member quota of posting 7 messages during the first day of membership. We're sorry for the inconvenience, but this is necessary to limit potential spammers. But DON'T WORRY and have some patience - simply wait AT LEAST ONE FULL DAY from now and this limitation will be lifted automatically. After that, there is no such posting limit on your forum account.".
The error message is wrong on multiple counts:
  1. "new member quota of posting 7 messages" actually 6 messages since it is the 7th that fails.
  2. "first day of membership" actually time of first post since I joined a month ago.
  3. "simply wait AT LEAST ONE FULL DAY from now and this limitation will be lifted automatically" actually if this posts successfully, more like 24 hours since time of first post.
Smells like 'Security by Obscurity' to me; but if its working I too am too lazy to think about changes.
Will there be another surprise limitation on my next post, too?
Post Reply Post Reply
I think your next post is limited to 140 characters.
Try to be brief. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-04-2015, 04:29 PM)GregLawson Wrote: Will there be another surprise limitation on my next post, too?

Yes, we start using decimal fractions: 7.1, 7.2, 7.3 ...
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

V(x,p) = v(x)w(p)

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
Does obscurity have an odor? If so, maybe that is why it is obscure.... Wink

Jeff

PS. OP wrote: "Smells like 'Security by Obscurity' to me"

You know you have dry humor when you have to splain it.... Sad
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-04-2015, 04:17 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote:
(12-03-2015, 07:33 PM)GPSMapNut Wrote: Well, you could help me come up with a good pet name for my mask. I used to call it an "Elephant Trunk". Now, I'm using DreamWear which has hose connection on top of the head.

I just got my Dreamwear today and I'm calling it the Sophisticated Alien.

An ancient alient? You do know that the end of the word already happened?! The government just covered it up! CoffeeDont-know

Post Reply Post Reply

Anybody got a l.c. "l" (el) hanging around?
Cheers,
otrpu
Love your family, treat your friend(s) well, and don't waste your time. Everything else is just so much BS. Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy 200,000 posts Apnea Board! Drucifer 2 357 06-06-2017, 03:03 PM
Last Post: FloridaDreaming
  Any railfans "on board" (pun intended) CPAPreturnee 1 332 05-05-2017, 03:04 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  What I love about Apnea Board Gabby 23 3,916 12-11-2015, 06:17 PM
  Funny hosehead PaulaO2 9 1,747 05-22-2015, 03:24 PM
  If you use 'PayPal', and like the board... Peter_C 3 952 06-20-2014, 09:12 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Afib board AfibApnea 14 3,446 02-17-2014, 08:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Rainbow New Apnea Board main web site - check it out SuperSleeper 38 12,882 08-03-2012, 10:41 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper