Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Day 1 of a "new normal"
RE: Day 1 of a "new normal"
Ugh, I just found out my S9 does NOT have all the sleep info I would have liked to have had. Was really looking forward to dl all the stats (I love that geeky stuff) to evaluate. Just seeing simply a daily usage won't cut it for me and my hunger for stats. Ok for the ins co, however. Will def have to talk to my DME and, when I see the Doc for my first follow-up visit. How the heck is he going to eval how I'm doing? I guess, just by how I'm feeling and what I tell him?! Meh!!

Again, appreciate all the advice especially on the mask and a possible fix. Will make adjustments tonight and see how that does with my nose.

You all are great; I am loving this and like I said, feel very welcomed!
A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures....
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry you just signed up today Stargazer. Yes, the Escape model is not data capable. The DMEs like to hand them out to maximize profit.
They do the job; but give no insight into how well it's going. You never have more power with a DME than before you accept the machine.

Many people have had a tough time getting their insurance and DMEs to swap to say an S9 Autoset. Some people just bite the bullet and pay out of pocket for one.

Some docs just give you the Epworth Sleepiness Quiz to judge how you're doing.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome Stargazer, great you have had such a positive start, you are very lucky.
I hope you are able to sort it out and change your machine for a data capable one, it will make all the difference.
Keep up the good work!
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-11-2014, 04:03 PM)zonk Wrote:
(04-11-2014, 11:24 AM)Stargazer Wrote: Hello Folks, so happy I found this board; just signed up today! Hopefully, I'm in the right area. Recently diagnosed with severe OSA (43 AHI).
Had the two studies and just recieved my ResMEd S9 Escape w/humidifier yesterday.
FYI, the Escape models are not data capable machines, does not record AHI, leak information or anything useful on the machine or on the SD card other than usage hours which might be okay for the DME/insurance compliance but not okay for you and your doctor, both of you cannot tell how AHI on PAP compare to the sleep study AHI. Talk to your DME and the doc to replace the machine with S9 AutoSet, month or a year from now, you,ll be glad, strike while the iron is hot
Just want to second zonk's opinion about therapy with no feedback. I want to do the best for myself and without performance data would be in the dark. I think a sleep doctor/DME team that puts a patient on a BRICK compares to a doctor who administers blood pressure medication and fails to monitor your blood pressure.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which is the most normal waveform? SingleH 9 295 03-26-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  New user - is my experience normal? SleeplessGrouch 3 455 03-23-2024, 03:02 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  erratic flow rate graph on ASV normal? jaredihnen 2 284 01-24-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: jaredihnen
  Frequent hiccups in flow rate. Normal? JulieK 19 1,744 11-28-2023, 11:56 PM
Last Post: PunchIt
  Is this normal - no breath for over a minute? Pizzafoundry 12 897 10-16-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Pizzafoundry
  [CPAP] Airsense P11 hose-dry function ends with loud burst - normal? jharuni 5 774 10-13-2023, 10:20 AM
Last Post: jharuni
  Normal for exhale peaks to be much greater than inhale peaks? stony82 4 571 09-20-2023, 03:36 PM
Last Post: stony82

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.